•Chapter 9• I lost it...

Peter and Y/n sat on the edge of a building. Peter had put her leg on his lap. He inspected the wound and wraps a bandage around her leg. "This is all my fault." He whispered. Y/n puts her hand on his shoulder. "It's not your fault. You tried to stop him." She said. "Yeah, and I failed." Peter snaps at her. "We both did," Y/n replied. Peter sighs and pulls her closer. "I'm sorry I snapped at you." He apologized. Y/n puts her head on his shoulder. "It's okay." She said. Iron Man, or Tony, flies over to them. "Previously on Peter Screws the Pooch: I tell you to stay away from this. Instead, you hacked a multimillion-dollar suit so you, and my daughter, could sneak around behind my back doing the one thing I told you not to do." Tony said. Peter sighed and looked at Iron Man. "Is everyone okay?" He asked. "Have you seen my daughter? She has a bullet in her leg." Tony points out. Y/n glared at her father. "Dad, I'm fine. It was my fault." She tells the man. "I'll talk with you in a second, young lady," Tony replied. He looked back at Peter. "Everyone is okay. No thanks to you." He said. Peter glares at him. "No thanks to me?" He questioned. He gently lifts Y/n's leg off his lap and jumps off the edge approaching Tony. "Those weapons were out there, and I tried to tell you about it. But you didn't listen. None of this would've happened if you had just listened to me. If you even cared, you'd actually be here." Peter said. The Iron Man suit opens up. Tony steps out of the suit making Peter back up. "I did listen, kid. Who do you think called the FBI, huh? Do you know that I was the only one who believed in you? Everyone else said I was crazy to recruit a 14-year-old kid-" Tony started. "I'm fifteen," Peter said quietly. "No, this is where you zip it, all right?! The adult is talking!" Tony yelled, "What if somebody had died tonight? Different story, right? Because that's on you. And if you died, I feel like that's on me. I don't need that on my conscience." Tony continued having lowered his voice. Y/n jumped off the edge as well and limped toward them. "Dad, it's not his fault. I should've stopped him." She defended Peter. Tony holds up his hand and shook his head. "No, no, don't do that. I know what you're doing. Don't." Tony tells her. Y/n frowned at her father. "What?" She questioned. "Don't think that by taking the blame for him, I'll forget about everything that you've done. You let Friday drive you to Washington, by yourself. You used my credit card to rent a room for the night and helped him hack his suit. You then lied to me, and Happy, and then you stole Natasha's weapons. You're so glad I'm not grounding you for the rest of eternity." Tony snapped at her. "I'm fifteen years old, I can take care of myself. And you wanted me to help him!" Y/n snapped back. She took a step forward standing between him and Peter. "No, I send you here to keep an eye on him. To keep him from danger! And this is what you do?!" He yelled. "Yeah! This is what I do! I'm here for my friends, something you can't say because you turned your only friends against each other!" Y/n yelled back. Peter's eyes widened a little. Tony took a deep breath but had an angry expression on his face. "Okay, young lady, you're done. You're grounded! And you know what?! No more school for you!' He yelled. Y/n took a step back again. "What? No...no, you can't do that. I like going to school with Peter." She tells him. "You should've thought of that before any of this happened," Tony replies. Peter puts his hand on Y/n's arm and pulls her back slightly. Tony looked at him. "Don't touch her." He said. Peter removes his hand from her arm and stands next to her. "I'm sorry, sir. About everything." Peter apologizes. "Sorry doesn't cut it," Tony replied. "I understand...I...I just wanted to be like you." Peter whispered. "And I wanted you to be better," Tony tells him. The man sighed. "Alright, it's not working out I'm gonna need the suit back," Tony said. "For how long?" Peter asked him. "Forever," Tony answered. Peter shook his head. Y/n noticed the shocked expression on Peter's face. "Dad, no, you can't do that." She said. Tony looked at her. "I'm taking yours too, young lady." He replied. "Sir, you don't understand. Please, this is all I have. I'm nothing without this suit." Peter pleaded. "If you're nothing without this suit, then you shouldn't have it. God, I sound like my dad." Tony said. Peter sighed loudly. "I don't have any other clothes." He said quietly. "Okay, we'll sort that out. And you, young lady, are going home. And you're not seeing each other anymore. I don't want you to drag my daughter into this." Tony said sternly. "Sir, please, no. I care about Y/n. I never meant for her to get hurt." Peter rambled. Y/n sighed and looked at Peter. "It's okay Pete. It's my fault. Please, don't argue with him. You're not gonna change his mind." She whispered. Peter had a sad expression on his face. "Bye, Y/n." He said. "Bye, Peter," Y/n replied.