•Chapter 14• On Titan

Later, all of them stood outside. Star-Lord was measuring something in the air of the planet. "What the heck happened to this planet? It's eight degrees off its axis. Gravitational pull is all over the place." He said. Y/n stood next to Peter. They watched Manis jumping up and down into the air. Tony took a deep breath. "Yeah, we got one advantage. He's coming to us. We'll use it." Tony started, "All right, I have a plan. Or at least the beginnings of one. It's pretty simple. We draw him in, pin him down, and get what we need. Definitely don't wanna dance with this guy. We just want the gauntlet." He continued. Y/n looks at the muscular man standing with Mantis. He yawned. "Are you yawning?' She asked him, "In the middle of this, while he's breaking it down? Huh? Did you hear what my dad said?" She asked him. The man turned to her. "I stopped listening after he said, 'We need a plan'," Drax tells her. Tony looked at Star-Lord. "Okay, Mr. Clean is on his page." He said. "See, 'not winging it' isn't really what they do," Star-Lord tells him. Peter stepped forward. "Uh, what exactly is it that they do?" He asked. Mantis looked at him. "Kick names, take ass." She informs him. Y/n grabs Peter's arm and holds it tightly as she glared at Mantis. "If anyone, I shall take his name. Second of all, that's my ass." The young Stark informs the girl. Peter looked at Tony who had a hopeless expression on his face. "Alright, just get over here, please. Mr. Lord, can you get your folks to circle up?" Tony questioned. Y/n let go of Peter's arm and focused on her father. "We gotta coalesce. 'Cause if all we come at him with is a plucky attitude-" Tony started. "Dude, don't call us plucky. We don't know what it means. Alright, we're optimistic, yes. I like your plan. Except it sucks, so let me do the plan, and that way it might be really good." Star-Lord cut him off. Y/n now had the same hopeless expression on her face as her father had just moments ago. "This guy-" she started. "Tell them about the dance-off to save the universe," Drax spoke up. "What dance-off?" Tony asked. "It-it's nothing," Star-Lord answered. "Like in Footloose, the movie?" Peter questioned. Star-Lord looked at the young boy. "Exactly like Footloose." He said, "Is it still the greatest movie in history?" He asked. "It never was," Peter replied. Tony turned to the two kids. "Don't encourage this, alright?" He requested. "Okay," Peter replied. Y/n looked at her father. "Dad, we're getting no help from Flash Gordon here." She tells him. "Flash Gordon? By the way, that's a compliment. Don't forget, I'm half-human. So that 50% of me that's stupid? That's 100% you." Star-Lord interrupted them. Tony looked at the man. "Your math is blowing my mind." He said. "Excuse me, but... does your friend often do that?" Mantis spoke up.

Everyone's attention turned to Doctor Strange. He sat crossed-legged, floating in the air, his hands poised in a mystic gesture with the Time Stone glowing brightly. "Strange, are you alright?" Tony asked him. Doctor Strange didn't answer. He snapped out of his magical trance after a couple of seconds. Tony walked up to him. "You're back. You're alright." Tony tells him. The rest caught up with them. "Hey, what was that?" Peter asked. Doctor Strange panted slightly. "I went forward in time to view alternate futures. To see all the possible outcomes of the coming conflict." He said. Star-Lord stepped forward. "How many did you see?" He asked. "14,000,605" Doctor Strange answered. Tony looks at the man. "How many did we win?" He questions. Doctor Strange looked at Tony. "One." He answered. Y/n stepped back in shock. After a few seconds, she turned back to the group. "One? We only won once?" She questioned. Peter looked at her. "We can do it." He tells her. He quickly turned to Doctor Strange. "We can do it, right?" He asked. The man looked at the teenager. "We can, but there is a lot of pressure. One mistake, and we fail." He informs them all. Tony stood up. "Alright, what do we do?" He asked. "If I tell you, it won't happen." Strange replies. Y/n steps forward. "So what are we supposed to do now? Hope for things to turn out well?" She questioned. Tony walked up to his daughter. "Y/n, we need to figure this out." He tells her. Y/n kept glaring at the doctor who stood behind her father. "He has to tell us what to do!" She said. Tony pushed back his daughter. "Y/n, you need to calm down. Hey! Calm down!" Tony ordered. Y/n groaned and turned away from the group. "Someone's on their period." Star-Lord chuckled behind them. Y/n glanced over her shoulder. "What did you just say?" She asked him. "Oh, God," Peter whispered. Y/n turned around, ready to attack Star-Lord when Peter and Tony stopped her. "No need to kill him," Peter tells her. Y/n glares at her boyfriend. Peter looked back at her frightened. "I love you," Peter quickly tells her. Y/n rolled her eyes at him. She walked away from the group. Tony looked at Peter. "That was harsh." He tells him, "Even for her." He added.