•Chapter 47• The First Phase

"Alright! No time to waste. Yes, please, over there." Y/n tells the man. Harley and Peter look up briefly from their work as the strange men keep walking in and out. "Please, don't drop that," Y/n asks two men who walked in with a big monitor screen. "Of course not, Miss Stark." One of them replied. Y/n looks at her boyfriend sitting by the monitors on the desk and Harley who was checking out the particles. But they were both looking at her instead of working. "Enjoying the view? I involved both of you in this so you'd help me. Get back to work." She orders them but in a nice tone. She wasn't trying to be too bossy. "Come on!" She added. Harley rolled his eyes and groaned. "I haven't gotten my coffee yet." He complained. "Yeah, and you're not getting any," Y/n tells him. She walks up to the man holding a clipboard. "If you'd just sign here and here." He spoke up. "Gladly." Y/n held the pen in her hand and signed the papers. "And if anything's wrong -" The man started. "I will call you right away. Thank you for the express delivery." She smiles. The last few men installed the last things before they followed their boss outside. Peter looks up at Y/n again. "What? I know a guy. That was the guy." She shrugged. Peter just chuckled at her and turned his head back to the screen. Y/n stands behind him, placing her hands on his shoulders. "Anything useful?" She asks. "Well, I will need to change a lot. Probably going to need your help with that. But I can get it done. I just need a password to get past the extra layer of security your dad installed." He explains. Y/n kissed the top of his head. "You're so smart." She smiles, "The password is 'Cheesburger02'." She added. Peter frowns at her. "That was his password?" He questions. "It was easy to remember." She explained.

The young Stark walked over to the small stairs and joined Harley on the platform. "This is almost done." He tells her with a slight sigh. She smiles at her friend. "Do you already regret becoming my intern?" She asks him. He glances over his shoulder and glares at her. She chuckles and pats his shoulders before turning around again. "Alright, we need to get everything done before Bruce comes back to check if I've 'shut everything down'. I want to run two tests today, just to see if it's working properly. The actual time-traveling stuff we'll do tomorrow." She tells them. She walks over to her new monitor. It was so much bigger than the one Peter was sitting at. "It's official. This is my new baby." She smiles brightly. "When did that happen?" Peter asks her from behind his screen. "Artificial intelligence. My child is an official genius. Top of his class." She says as she sets everything up. "Alright, first things first." She said. A mischievous smile appeared on her face as she uploaded a file from her phone. Peter heard her giggle quietly behind her screen and stood up from his seat. He walks over to stand behind her. "That picture?" He complained. Y/n laughed while looking at her new background. "It looks so much better on big screens. I should print this out." She tells him. He sighs and shakes his head. It was a picture of Peter with one finger in his nose making a strange face. Ned put that picture as Peter's call screen. "I never should've let Ned take that picture of me." He sighs. "No, no! He should've taken more. I only have a few of these. I want these all over the place." She chuckles.

"Maybe I should upload a lovely picture of you to my monitor as well." Peter teased her. "What are you talking about? Every picture of me is a great one." She replies. "I've probably got a few that will prove you wrong." Peter challenged her. "The paparazzi would disagree with you on that. Never seen a headline with a bad picture of me." She said as she flipped her hair before bursting out laughing. Peter rests his head on top of hers. "You know, you're beautiful when you're bossy," he tells her. She lifts her chin to look up at him. "You're always beautiful, actually." He added. "Awh, you're beautiful too, Peter." She complimented him. "Can you knock it off? I can't work with you two flirting constantly." Harley spoke up. Peter just smiles at Y/n. "What is going on with you, Parker? Why are you so worked up these last two days?" She asks while focusing on her screen. "I don't know." Peter mumbles against her, "It's just you and me at the moment. Well, us and Harley." He chuckles. "I can hear you," Harley complained. Y/n looks at her boyfriend. She knew exactly what he was talking about. "That's all just coming to you?" She asks sweetly. He nodded and crouched beside her. "No one's disturbing us. Not May or Happy or Tony. I like that." Peter admitted. "I like it too." She briefly looks at the machine, "That's why I've been thinking about this a lot." She added. Peter frowns at her a little. "Well, if my Dad comes back, he'll be around a lot. Nat and May. It's just... I like that we have a little privacy here." She tells him. Peter grabs her hand. "Are you having doubts about the project?" He whispers. "A little." She replied.