•Chapter 85• Lashing Out

A/n: Quickly before the chapter starts, I am currently on vacation with my family, going back home tonight. So if there's anything strange, or things that do not add up, please forgive me. I explained this a bit better in the A/n I wrote in the previous chapter. Hope you enjoy it!
-Jay25211🤗💜

Harley looked at Peter. He could not wipe the irritated look off his face. Peter had been clingy to Y/n ever since he walked in. He'd barely let go of her. Constantly holding hands, having her on his lap, hugging, kissing her head. Harley felt sick and jealous. "Lee, could you type in the coordinates of the yard outside?" Y/n asked him. He huffed annoyedly and focused on the keyboard. Whilst he was looking down, he could hear another kissing sound. He squeezed his fists together, his knuckles turning white, as he tried to keep himself together. He did not want to lash out at Y/n. But why was her boyfriend this clingy? Was that really necessary? And why in front of him? "All done." He spat at Y/n. She looked at him from over her shoulder after hearing his snappy tone. "Something wrong?" She asked. Harley shrugged it off without giving her a clear response. Peter didn't give him much attention anyway. Y/n seemed to be onto him, though. She separated herself from her boyfriend and walked toward her friend. "What's wrong?" Harley glared at her. "Nothing."
"Nothing? Stop giving me that look, Lee." She said to him. Harley looked at Peter again. Y/n caught his glance at her boyfriend. "Not this shit again." She cursed under her breath. Harley placed one hand on the table beside him. "This shit? I don't need to see this shit, Y/n/n. Did you swallow his favorite toy or something? It looks like he's glued to your body. He can't step away for one second or something? Jezus." He barked at her. He wasn't yelling or shouting. He wasn't loud. But his tone said enough.

"I'm sorry that my boyfriend's a bit clingy today. I didn't want him to be alone all day." Y/n spat back at him. "It's too much, Y/n. It's kissing, hugging, hanging onto each other. I'm surprised he hasn't started humping you yet." Y/n glanced over her shoulder at Peter. "Don't give him any ideas." She said, "I get it, alright? But he needs me right now, okay?"
"Because your friend said something to him that messed him up? Because she made him question your honesty?" Harley whisper-yelled at her. He was not having it. He wanted nothing more but to be held by Y/n like that if he ever felt a bit sad or overwhelmed. That was all this was. The kid was Spider-Man. She did not have to kiss the boo-boos away. "You don't mind it, though, do you? MJ went after him before. You want to keep him as close as possible, so she doesn't swoop in again, right?" Y/n's eyes darkened after hearing Harley's words. That was not fair. She wasn't scared of losing Peter to MJ. Sure, she did not like the idea of her and Peter together, especially not if she was talking badly about Y/n. But that wouldn't happen. Right? No. She trusted Peter. Harley took a step closer to her, narrowing the gap between them. He briefly eyed her lips before he looked back up into her eyes. "You are lying to him, though, aren't you, Y/n/n?" He taunted her. "Lee, stop it." She was more terrified of Peter overhearing anything, or worse, seeing how close Harley was to her. Luckily, Peter was too occupied with the drones to pay much attention to his girlfriend and Harley. "You stop it. I don't need to see all of this." Harley said to her. Was he really this jealous and irritated? Y/n walked back to her boyfriend. Peter looked at her lovingly. "Is everything okay?" He asked her. Y/n nodded and kissed his knuckles as she held them up to her lips. "Yeah, Lee's just being a bit grumpy, that's all."

Harley continued to glare at them. Both of them. All he wanted was to punch Peter in the face and tell him everything. Not to expose Y/n, he could not care less about that, it's what got him this job after all, and he gets to be close to her. But that's not why he wants to tell Peter. This cheesy, soppy love story needs to end. At least in front of him. This was getting ridiculous. Could he not just stand in between them? To be that annoying third wheel is very tempting right now. Anything to keep them from making out in front of him, really. Sure, Y/n seems very happy – especially since their anniversary – but that does not mean you should kiss each other all the time. Don't they need air? Speaking of that, why would you want to hold onto someone like that constantly? No room to move or even scratch your nose. Harley knows that he is jealous, but so does Y/n. Wouldn't she consider his feelings? Or was this payback? Whatever it was, Harley wanted it to stop. Now. He could hardly think of anything else. But he had to focus. They were testing the drones. If this worked, then they would have succeeded, and Y/n would be happy. She would be happy with him. That's what he would try to focus on right now the best he could. Even if Peter wouldn't leave her alone.