•Chapter 22• The Trip

Peter was in his room going through his closet, picking out clothes for the trip. His phone buzzed. He quickly rushed over to it, thinking it was Y/n. It was an unknown caller. Nick Fury again. Peter rolled his eyes and put his phone down again. His eyes soon fell on his Spider-Man suit. He shook his head and shut his closet doors. This was his vacation, not Spider-Man's. "Hungry?" May call out. Before Peter could respond, a banana hit his cheek. His aunt laughed a little and put her hands over her mouth. "I'm sorry," She apologized, "I thought you could sense that with your... what do you call it? Peter tingle!" She continued. "May, please, do not start calling it my Peter tingle." The boy chuckled. "What's wrong? You can dodge bullets but not bananas?" His aunt asks. He sighed and let out a sigh. "I just really need a vacation. I need a break." He tells her. The woman came up to her nephew and embraced him tightly. "You deserve it." She replied. The boy smiled into their hug. When his aunt pulled away her eyes fell on the Spider-Man suit. She pointed her finger at it. "You should pack your suit. Just in case." She says, "I have a tingle about it." She adds. His aunt walked out of his bedroom leaving the boy alone. "Please, stop saying tingle, May," Peter tells her. 

Cut to the next morning. Ned and Peter entered the airport together. Ned looked down and checked the plane tickets for the hundredth time. Peter kept scanning the hall. But she was nowhere to be found. His best friend suddenly nudged his shoulder. "What's up?" He asks. Peter kept looking around, looking for Y/n. He couldn't see her anywhere. Was she even going to be here? Was she still in the lab? "She will be here," Ned assured him. Peter fished his phone out of his pocket and clicked on her name. "I'm calling her." He says. She finally picked up after almost a solid minute of waiting. "Stark." She answered. "Hey," Peter said. He could almost see her eyes light up at the sound of his voice. At least, he imagined they would. Lately, he didn't feel very important. He just wished that she would still get that same look in her eyes. "Pete, hey." She replied. Her tone sounded happy and relieved. "Hi, where are you? The plane leaves in an hour or two. I thought we were meeting up with you and MJ here." He replied. No response came for a few seconds. Peter furrowed his eyebrows. "You still there?" He asks. She cleared her throat on the other side of the phone. "Yeah, I'm here." She started, "Listen, Pete, MJ should be on her way right now. But I'm not with her." She added. Peter looked at Ned while keeping his phone to his ear. "Wait, what?" he asks. Ned furrowed his eyebrows and listened to their conversation. "You said you were coming," Peter said. "I'm doing everything I can, Pete. I wanna be there." She continued. 

Peter turned away slightly. "You promised." He mumbled. The boy sounded very disappointed. Y/n could picture his face right in front of her. It shatters her heart every single time she has to break news to him like this. Especially when it's over the phone. "I'm trying, Peter." She assured him, "I will be there. Just not on the plane. I can meet with you guys in Venice." She explains. The first steps of his plan were already ruined. He wanted to turn this trip into the perfect date. They've been missing each other for months. It hasn't gotten any easier since Y/n made herself known to the outside world. She's a Stark. And now everyone knew. She really tried. She does everything she can to keep her friendships. But that didn't apply to her relationship with Peter. At least that's how it felt to him. Peter's eyes then fell on Michelle who approached the two boys. Her head was lowered slightly. "Peter?" Y/n called out to him on the phone. Peter snapped out of his trance. "Yeah?" he said. "I will see you tomorrow. I have to get back to work now." She tells him. Peter sighed. "I'll see you tomorrow." He replied. "And text me when you arrive. Otherwise, I'm flying over there myself and looking for you until I find you." She chuckled. "Now I don't want to text you. Maybe that way you'll be here earlier." He teased her. "Text me," Y/n tells him with a little stern tone. "Will do." He said. It was a little quiet after that. He didn't know what else to say to her. He wanted to embrace her. Never let her go again. "Hey," She started, "I love you." She added. Peter scratched the back of his neck. He didn't really know whether or not to say it back. "Love you too." He said quietly so those around him, like Flash, wouldn't hear him. But she could.