•Chapter 73• It's a School Day

Morgan was not easy to take to school. Y/n promised her parents that she would be responsible and take her sister to school that morning. Little did she know that Morgan could be very slow. And she knew she was stalling. Eventually, Y/n got her sister strapped in the car and Morgan stopped complaining. All with one deal: if Morgan is allowed to sit in the passenger seat with her sister, Y/n will get them take-out, only then Morgan would go to school. Y/n had rolled her eyes at her sister but agreed to it nonetheless. "Why are you being so difficult this morning, Maguna?" Y/n asked as she started the car. Morgan shrugged silently beside her in the seat while she looked down at her lap. "Maguna?" Y/n said, "What's wrong?" Sure, this was all very scary for the girl. Of course, it was. Y/n remembered going to school for the first time – which was only meant to be a decoy to keep an eye on Peter – and she was terrified as well. "You never went to school. Why should I?" Morgan mumbled quietly, thinking her big sister wouldn't hear her. Y/n briefly switched her attention from the road to the little girl beside her. "Morgan-"
"It's not fair!" Morgan began to whine and kick her feet. Was she throwing a tantrum? Y/n frowned at her sister for a moment. Morgan glanced over at her as well, to see if Y/n changed her mind. By the look on her face... Morgan guessed no. So, she took it a step further and started groaning and even screaming at one point. Y/n focused on the road whilst her sister had a moment. Was she like this when she was younger? Surely she wasn't an angel. But like this? Never.

"It's not fair! It's not fair!" Morgan screamed whilst kicking her arms and legs against the chair. She kept repeating the same things over and over again. Y/n continued to drive and ignored her sister. This would be better tomorrow, right? "I don't want to go!" Morgan screamed again. Y/n considered putting up a timer to see how long it would take for the little girl to calm down. Morgan had seemed so happy after they had that interview a while back. She was excited to go to school until now. After a few stoplights, Morgan collapsed in her seat and grew quiet. Her face was red with anger and she folded her arms over her chest while she pouted. "Done now?" Y/n questioned. Now it was Morgan's turn to stay quiet. "If you do that every morning, this is the last time I am taking you, do you understand that? I am not going to listen to your tantrums every morning." That may have sounded a bit harsher than she'd intended. Y/n realized how much she sounded like Tony there. She blinked a few times and shrugged the thought off quickly. "It's not fair."
"Really? Hadn't heard. Maybe you should say it again, you know, to get the message clear and all that." Y/n replied. Morgan frowned at her big sister. "You're mean." She mumbled. Y/n's eyes widened as she looked at Morgan again. "I'm mean? I'm not mean, kid. For your information, Mom and Dad want you to go to school. They make that decision. Not me. Just like their decision to keep me at home. They want to do better with you. Okay? So will you stop screaming and whining while I am trying to get you to school on time and safely?" Y/n spat back. Morgan stared at her silently, not certain what she was supposed to say.

"Scream at me like an adult, and I will treat you like an adult," Y/n told her sister. "I'm sorry." Morgan squeaked out in a shaky voice. "Morgan, I'm not mad. I'm just trying to make you understand that it's not as bad as your head is convincing you it is. You're lucky. You get to go at an early age. I was fifteen. It's not easy to interact with people when you've always been isolated from everyone." Y/n said. "It's scary."
"I know it is, Maguna. Trust me, I know. But you'll make new friends so quickly. I know you will. Then you won't have to hang out with your stupid big sister all the time." Y/n smiled playfully and nudged her sister gently. Morgan laughed a bit. "You're not stupid." She protested. "I know. I'm awesome. I was just trying to sympathize with you a bit." Y/n admitted making her sister laugh. Y/n looked at her little sister as she stopped for a red light. "You understand me, right?" Morgan nodded her head, "Okay, so no more tantrums and stalling in the mornings. Promise me."
"I promise," Morgan spoke up like a big girl. Y/n smiled and ruffled her sister's hair a little. "Good. It's only a few hours, alright? Then I'll be right there to pick you up and take you for a snack. Like I promised. Yeah?" Morgan agreed again and waited patiently for them to arrive at the building. Y/n grinned proudly at herself for fixing that so quickly. She was a pro at the big sister thing. "Won't you be lonely? When I'm gone?" Morgan asked. "Lonely? No, no, I've got some work. But I'm going to Peter and his aunt first."
"Your boyfriend." Morgan giggled. Y/n rolled her eyes. "Yes, yes, my boyfriend. And just like you, he needs his apple juice to wake up. Maybe I should drop him off in your class too." That last part she said to herself as a joke. But Morgan took it very seriously. "I would already have a friend! Can Peter come? Please!" Oh god, why did she say that?