•Chapter 27• You Lied

"What do you want?" Y/n questioned. "I heard you and Peter talking," Beck started. He walked up to her. She stood by her desk, programming on her laptop. "Do you want to talk about it?" Beck asks her. The young stark glanced up at him briefly."Do I look like I want to talk about it?" She questions. "He's doing his best." He reminds her. Y/n focused back on her screen. "And I'm the jerk who's too involved in her work." She mumbled. "He said that?" Beck asks her. Y/n looked at him again. "He did, Beck. And he's not wrong. I know I have been working a lot, but it's what I do. It's what my Dad asked me to do." Y/n explained. Beck pulled up a chair, sitting next to her. "Aside from that, there is something else." He pointed out to her. Y/n let out a sigh. "I really don't want to talk about that." She says. "Alright, you don't have to," Beck tells her. Y/n let out a deep sigh. She turned back to her screen. "Whatever it is, I know you will get through it together," Beck added. She let out a chuckle. "Sure," she says and rolled her eyes. "Hey," He started, "I see the way he looks at you. T-that look, in his eyes, it's not just some hormonal teenager. He loves you." He continued. "Peter loves a lot of things." She replies. Her tone was cold, and emotionless. She really meant what she said. "So, there's someone else." Beck filled in the blanks. "And she is my best friend," Y/n added. "Wow, that's messed up." He admits. He got a bit closer to her. "Well, I know we don't really know each other, but I'm here if you need to talk. There must be a lot on your plate already." he smiled at her. She looked at him and forced a smile. "Thanks." She said.

"Y/n!" Ned called out to her. She turned around to face him. "Hey, what's up?" She said. Ned let out a quiet sigh. "I'm sorry about Peter. He's...not himself." He started. "You don't have to apologize for him, Ned. He's just being an ass." She replies. They walked into Ned's almost empty hotel room. He looks at her sadly. "I tried to talk to him." He assured her. "Ned, really, it's okay. You don't need to do that. It's my fault anyway." She replied. Ned started to shake his head. "It's not your fault. Don't say that." He says sternly. She let out a sigh and sat on the bed. An awkward silence filled the room. "We've never fought like this before." She tells him. "Yeah, he told me," Ned replied quietly. Y/n already knew Peter trashed her when he spoke to his best friend. A part of her hoped he hadn't. They still loved each other, right? No, Peter wouldn't speak badly of her. Even after a fight. "What did he tell you?" She questioned. Ned shrugged. "That you guys had a fight. He wants everything to go back to normal." Ned answered. Normal? What did he mean by that? A gentle knock on the doorframe snapped Y/n out of her thoughts. Betty stood by the door. "Babe?" She says. Y/n furrows her eyebrows and looks at Ned. "I'll be right there, sweetie. I need to talk to Y/n." He tells her sweetly. Betty nodded and walked away again. 

Y/n stayed silent. "I-" Ned started. He struggled to find the words. "You can do better," Y/n tells him. He chuckled at her comment. "No offense, dude." She added. He returned a smile. "Wasn't really planning to marry her anyway." He said. She smiled and rolled her eyes. Ned glanced over his shoulder to make sure they were alone. Peter still had the habit of popping up without anyone noticing. "Listen," He said, "I don't want to make things worse but I thought you should know." He tells her. Y/n frowned at him again. "Peter and MJ left together. They wanted to hang out some more before leaving tomorrow." Ned continues. Y/n lets out a sigh and fell backward on the bed. "It's probably nothing," Ned added. Y/n looked at the ceiling and the light above her head. "I shouldn't have said anything." He said. She sensed a tone of regret in his voice. She looked at him. "I'm glad you're honest with me, Ned." She says. He looks at her and smiles. "You're making me feel sorry for holding a knife to your throat every day, you know." She tells him. "Still one of the coolest things that ever happened to me," he admits earning a laugh from Y/n. 

Meanwhile, MJ and Peter walked onto a bridge together. "I'm glad we're doing this." He says. "Yeah, me too," MJ tells him. The two made eye contact briefly. They both looked away and blushed. "You know, they used to execute people on this bridge. They would like... put them in a basket, and they would drown in the water." MJ tells him. Peter seemed a little taken aback by her story. "Sorry." She apologized. She was scared she might've made him uncomfortable. "It's okay." He smiled at her. Their hands brushed against each other as they walked. He suddenly stopped in front of her. "Look, there's this thing I've been wanting to talk to you about... for a while," he said. "Yeah?" MJ replied. Peter inhaled deeply. There he goes. "It's our last night in Europe, and I had this plan that I wanted to... tell you..." He rambled. MJ still blushed at his words. That was a good sign, right? Was he really doing this? "MJ, I-" He started. "Am Spider-Man." She cut him off. "What?" Peter said. "That's what you were gonna say. That you're Spider-Man." She tells him. The smile on her face was proud. She was proud she'd figured it out by herself. Peter shook his head. "No... I'm not Spider-Man." He replied. "I mean, it's kind of obvious." Michelle said, "I've been watching you for like a while now." She added. Peter continued to shake his head. "I'm not Spider-Man. What would make you think that I'm Spider-Man?" He questioned. "Peter, Washington? The fact that you, like, disappear out of nowhere for no reason." MJ points out.