•Chapter 19• The Sacrifice

Tony drove his car towards the Avengers compound. He drove past Steve, stopping his car. He then drove back a bit. He lowered his window. "Let me guess, he turned into a baby?" He asked. Steve let out a sigh and nodded. "Among other things, yeah. What are you doing here?" Steve asked him. "It's the EPR Paradox," Tony explained as he stepped out of his car. "Instead of pushing Lang through time, you might've wound up pushing time through Lang. It's tricky and dangerous. Somebody could have cautioned you against it." Tony continued. Steve had a little smile planted on his lips. "You did." He said. "Did I?" Tony questioned sarcastically, "Oh, well, thank God I'm here then." He added. He holds up his hand. "Regardless, I fixed it. A fully functioning time-space GPS." He explained, "I just want peace." He continued. He starts to move to the back of the car. Steve followed the man with his eyes. "Turns out, the resentment is corrosive, I hate it," Tony said. "Me too," Steve replied. "We have a shot at getting these stones, but I gotta tell you my priorities. Getting back what we lost? Yes, I hope. Keep what I have found? At all cost." He said. Tony then stepped away from the car, standing right in front of Steve. "And maybe not die trying." He added. Steve holds out his hand. "Sounds like a deal." He tells him. Tony shook his hand. The genius man then turned back to his car, opening the trunk. Steve followed him closely. Tony pulled out the Captain America shield from underneath some toys. "Tony, I don't know." Steve started. "What?" Tony questioned, "He made it for you. Plus I have to take it out of the garage before Morgan takes it out sledding." He continued. He handed the shield over to Steve. The blonde man put it on. It felt strange, but good, that he was holding the shield again. "Thank you," Steve said. "Will you keep that a little quiet? Didn't bring one for the whole team." Tony tells him, "We are getting a whole team, right?" He asked. "We're working on it," Steve replied.

After Clint's tryout, and figuring out where and when they can find the stones, the Avengers are all geared up. "Five years ago, we lost. All of us. We lost friends. We lost family. We lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams. You know your missions. Get the stones. Get them back. One round-trip each. No mistakes... no do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. That doesn't know we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives... and we're gonna win." Steve spoke with confidence. He turned to look at Tony. "Whatever it takes." He said. Tony put up a small smile. Steve turned his attention back to the others. "Good luck." He tells them. "He's pretty good at that," Rocket spoke up. "Right?" Scott replied excitedly. "All right. You heard the man. Stroke those keys, Jolly Green!" Tony called out. Bruce rolled his eyes at him as he pressed the buttons. Clint glanced down at the tiny spaceship he was holding in his hand. "You promise to bring that back in one piece right?" Rocket asked him. "Yeah yeah. Okay, I'll do my best." Clint replied. "As promises go, that was pretty lame," Rocket said to himself. Meanwhile, Natasha looked at Steve with a smile on her face. "See ya in a minute." She said. Steve smiled at her. The machine was turned on, and the helmets covered the faces of the remaining Avengers. They quickly disappeared into a hole of space and time. They traveled through, what seemed to be, colorful tunnels. Natasha, Clint, Rhodey, and Nebula landed on a different planet. The wind was slightly blowing, making it a little colder than expected. Clint turned the little spaceship back into its normal size. A few seconds later, a pod from the ship descended. Natasha kicked a creature that ran up to her. The archer let out a sigh. "Hey, can we hurry it up?" Clint questioned. "Guys, chop-chop. Come on. We're on the clock." Natasha reminded them. Rhodey turned around. "All that is helpful." He tells them. When they finally got the pod down, Natasha walked up to Rhodey. She wrapped her arms around him. "Take care, okay?" She said. "Yeah." Rhody replied, "Get that stone and come back. No messing around." He added. Clint walked up to the War Machine as well. "Hey." He said. "We got this," Rhodey assured his friend. "Let's get it done," Clint said. "Yes, sir," Rhodey replied. The two made their way aboard the ship. "You guys watch each other's six," Rhodey said. Clint nodded in response. Soon, the ship took off, with Clint and Natasha in the front together. "We're a long way from Budapest," Clint tells her.