•Chapter 29• Two Brains, Two Hearts

The gigantic aircraft landed in the tulip field. Peter limped towards it as fast as he could. Happy stepped out first. "Peter? Are you okay?" Happy called out to him. "Happy, is that you?" He replied. The man slowly started to come down the steps. "Of course it's me. What's going on?" He asked. "Wait!" Peter stopped him, "Tell me something only you would know!" He said. Happy furrowed his eyebrows together. "Something only I would know. Uh... oh! Remember when we went to Germany? You pay-per-viewed a video in your room? They didn't list the titles, but I could tell by the price it was an adult film at the front desk. And you didn't know how I knew-" Happy rambled. "Okay, okay! It's you!" He said. He limped over to the man. He wrapped his arms around him. "It's so good to see you." He mumbled. Happy went along with it. "Peter, you'll have to tell us what the hell is going on." He said. Peter nodded and pulled away from their embrace. His eyes fell on Y/n. She stood on the steps, waiting for them. "Y/n-" He started. "Get inside." She ordered. Happy took the boy inside the aircraft. She put her hands on his cheeks. He looked hurt. Really hurt. "Sit down." She tells him. He nodded and sat down on one of the chairs. Y/n grabbed the first aid kit. She sat on the chair behind him. "This is going to sting." She warned him. "I'll handle it," Peter assured her. His hand rested on her thigh. "Just squeeze if it hurts." She tells him. He nodded. She cleaned the wound as carefully as she could. He tried to hide it, but he was already hissing in pain. Happy handed her the small needle and thread to stitch the boy up. "Thanks, Happy." She said.

When she started, Peter flinched. His grip on her thigh got stronger. "Ouch." He mumbled. "I thought you had super strength." She replies, trying to distract him. His grip loosened again. "Still hurts." He said. Of course, she should've known that, Peter had only told her a hundred times before. Besides, Steve had it too. She inhaled deeply, trying to stay focused. He flinched again. "Y/n," He groaned. "Just relax. Just a few more." She assured him. He kept groaning, jerking, and squeezing her thigh with a firm hand. When he flinched again, Y/n accidentally touched the boy's muscle with the tip of the needle. "Oh, my God, Y/n." Peter groaned again. "Stop moving. Relax." His girlfriend tells him sternly. Peter suddenly jumped up from his seat. "Don't te me to relax! How can I relax when I messed up so badly?! I trusted Beck, we both trusted him. We thought he was our friend. And I gave him the only thing Mr. Stark left for me, and now he's going to kill everyone we care about and half of Europe. So, please, do not tell me to relax, Y/n!" He snapped at her. She looked at Happy briefly. "Don't yell at her, Peter." Happy tells him. "Happy," She interrupted him. Happy looked at Peter with a stern expression. The boy sat down in another chair. Far away from them. "You need to relax. She didn't do anything to you." Happy said sternly. "It's alright, Happy." She assured him. Peter looked at Y/n. They both had a hurtful look in their eyes. Both of them were fragile at this moment. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't shout. I'm sorry." She rambled. He let out an exhausted sigh. "I just really miss him." He says. She nodded a little. "So do I." She tells him, "He was my dad." She reminds him. Peter had nothing to say to that. He didn't want to admit that Tony was a father figure. A mentor. He didn't want to say it out loud. Not to her.

"Everywhere I go, I see his face," Peter mumbles. He runs his hand through his hair, which started to curl a little. "The whole world is asking me who's gonna be the next Iron Man and I don't know if that's me. I don't know if it's you. I don't know." Peter rumbled. "You're not Iron Man. Neither of you. And you're never gonna be Iron Man." Happy cut-in. The two teens look at him. "Nobody could live up to Tony. Not even Tony. Tony was my best friend, and he was a mess. He second-guessed everything he did. He was all over the place." Happy tells them, "The one thing that he did, that he didn't second guess, was picking you. I don't think Tony would have done what he did if he didn't know that you were gonna be here after he was gone." He said as he looked at Peter. He then looked at Y/n. "He put you two together for a reason. Two brains, two hearts, two very strong-willed people who want to make the world a better place. You, out of everyone, should know that. When he send you out on the field, he did that because he wanted you to learn. He didn't want you to grow up isolated and lonely." He added. Tears were forming behind her eyes. She tried her best to keep them there. "Your friends are in trouble, you're all alone, and your tech is gone." Happy continued. Peter looked at Y/n. "Your tech is gone?" He asked. His voice was a little raspy. The young Stark looked at him. "Beck took a lot more than you realize, Parker." She says quietly.