•Chapter 61• Arc Reactor Of Your Own, Sweets

"Y/n, what happened?" Peter asks his girlfriend. Y/n sits up straight, or at least she tries to, but Peter keeps her down as well as well as Bruce. "No, no, no, stay down, sweetheart." Her uncle tells her. Y/n's hand clamps over her chest. "What- what is that? What is that?!" Her heart rate was suddenly going up fast. "Hey, hey, no, hey! Calm down. It's just an Arc Reactor." Bruce explains to her calmly. But Y/n's heart rate refused to slow down. "What? I don't want that! Get it out of me!" Y/n started to pull on the appliance. And she managed to pull it off in only a matter of seconds. "Hey! You can't just pull it off." Tony returned to his daughter's side and placed the Arc Reactor over her chest. "It's supposed to help you."
"I don't want it!" Y/n's eyes start to become bloodshot. "That thing is saving your life. So whether you like it or not, that is staying on. Got that?" Tony didn't mean to shout at her or get this angry. He is so happy that his daughter is still alive and that she will be as long as she keeps that thing on her chest until they find a better solution. Y/n looks at her father with a sad expression. She seems like she's about to burst into a thousand tears. Peter takes her attention away from Tony by gently petting her hair. "What happened? You said you were just going to take a bath." Peter repeated his question. Y/n looks at her boyfriend. "I'm sorry." She apologizes. Spider-Man starts shaking his head as he leans down to meet her face. "Why are you- Hey, no, don't apologize." Peter Parker, the sweetest dork that has ever lived. She can't bear to see him get sad when she tells him what she did. Why does he have to look at her with those big eyes of his again?

Y/n couldn't hold back the tears. "I am sorry. I should be. I -" Y/n takes a brief moment to look up at the others standing right by her head. "I tried to connect my mind with Yelena's. I wanted to see where she was so we could start looking for her." Peter turns slightly to look at Natasha. The Black widow covered her mouth as her eyes watered. Her eyes fill with tears. Why would Y/n do something like that? Risking her own life simply to find Yelena. "You shouldn't have done that. We almost lost you." Natasha said. "But that didn't happen." Peter looks back at his girlfriend and gives her a sympathetic look as he strokes her hair. "Y/n/n, we almost lost you. Your heart stopped. We made a messy replica and it saved you. You can't do this again. Never. I mean it." Peter seemed a lot stricter than before. And yet he continued to look lovingly at her. "I'm sorry." Y/n apologized again. Peter lifts her a little off her pillow and embraces her carefully. Behind her, Tony got closer and kissed her head. Y/n kept whimpering soft apologies. Peter keeps assuring her that she tried to help Natasha. "Did you find her?" Natasha was scared to ask her best friend. Y/n shakes her head no after she moved away from her boyfriend. "I tried. I could see her. But only for a second, maybe two, and I couldn't see where she was or if she was there with someone. Maybe it was a memory or just a dream." Natasha nodded. She couldn't help but get a little bit mad at Y/n. She didn't find Yelena and risked her life.

Y/n quickly noticed two new people in the room. Ned and MJ. Her mouth fell open but no words came out. "They wanted to come see you," Peter tells her as he combs his hand through her hair again very gently. "Do they- I mean do they remember?" Y/n's friends answered her question themselves by nodding their heads with a smile. The young Stark wriggles herself out of Peter's grip and jumps out of bed even if Bruce tries to tell her no. Y/n jumps on top of Ned first. The boy embraces her tightly. "You remember! You both remember!" She reaches out to pull MJ into the embrace as well. Ned smiles over Y/n's shoulder at Peter. "You shouldn't be jumping around," MJ tells her best friend. "I don't care. That's more important." May stands there trying to keep her tears from falling as she covers her mouth and nose with her hands whilst Harley watches awkwardly from the side. "We remembered you." Ned laughs. "Yes, true, but Peter has his friends back. That's all that matters to me." MJ pulled away first and walked over to Peter. Y/n rests her hands on Ned's shoulders as she looks at him. "You're freaking out, aren't you?" She asks him. "I am standing in a room with The Hulk, Iron Man, and Black Widow. Of course, I am." Y/n laughs at the boy and embraces him again very tightly.