Things that are hard to talk about

Summary:

Peter having a bad past but Tony comes to the rescue and comforts him

Peter's pov:

I don't like talking about my past. It's too painful to remember the things that happened to me when I was a kid. But sometimes, the memories come back to me in my dreams.

Last night, I had a nightmare about my past. I was back in my old apartment, in the dark, with no one to protect me. I heard shouting outside, and then the door burst open. A group of men came in, and I knew what was going to happen next.

I tried to run, but they caught me. They hit me and hurt me, and I couldn't escape. I was trapped, alone, and scared.

I woke up sweating and shaking. I was so relieved to see that I was in my room at the Avengers' headquarters. But I was still scared, and I didn't want to be alone.

I got out of bed and walked down the hall to Tony Stark's room. I knocked on the door, and he answered after a few seconds.

"Hey, kid," he said, rubbing his eyes. "What's up?"

"I had a nightmare," I said, trying not to cry.

Tony put his arm around me and led me to his bed. He sat down and pulled me close to him. "It's okay," he said. "I'm here with you. You're not alone."

I started to cry then, and Tony held me while I sobbed. He didn't try to make me talk about my past. He just comforted me and made sure I knew that he was there for me.

After a while, I started to calm down. Tony got up and brought me a glass of water. He sat back down and talked to me about his own nightmares and the things that scared him.

I listened to Tony and felt grateful for his kindness. He was more than just a mentor to me. He was a friend who cared about me and wanted to help me.

Eventually, I fell asleep in Tony's bed, feeling safe and loved. When I woke up in the morning, I felt better than I had in a long time. I knew that I still had a lot of healing to do, but I also knew that I had people like Tony who were there to help me along the way.

Idea from Inmybedwithbooks-

Word count: 406