Lost it

Summary:

I have no idea what to write summaries anymore

Word count: 406

No one's pov:

Peter was tossing and turning in his bed, plagued by nightmares. He had always been a bit of a nervous kid, but lately, things had been even worse. He had started to feel like he needed something to hold onto at night, something that would make him feel safe and secure. So he had gone out and bought two teddy bears and two bunnies, hoping that they would do the trick.

But when he woke up this morning, he found that they were gone. He searched his room frantically, but they were nowhere to be found. And then he heard Scott laughing outside his door.

Peter ran out of his room and saw Scott holding the teddies in his hands. "What are you doing? Give those back!" he shouted.

Scott just laughed. "What's the matter, little baby? Can't sleep without your teddies?"

Peter lost it. He lunged at Scott and grabbed the teddies out of his hands. He ran back to his room and slammed the door shut. He could feel tears welling up in his eyes.

A few minutes later, Steve, Tony, and Bucky came into his room. They could see that he was upset, and they sat down on the bed next to him.

"What's wrong, buddy?" Steve asked.

Peter explained everything to them, about the nightmares and the teddies and Scott taking them. Steve and Tony looked at each other with concern, while Bucky just scowled.

"Let me talk to Scott," Bucky said. "He needs to learn some respect."

But Steve put a hand on his arm. "Let's just talk to him first," he said.

They went out into the living room, where Scott was sitting on the couch. He looked up when they came in, and he could see that they were all angry.

"What's going on?" he asked.

Steve and Tony explained everything to him, about Peter's nightmares and how important the teddies were to him. Scott looked down at his feet, ashamed.

"I'm sorry, Peter," he said. "I didn't know. I was just joking around. I didn't mean to hurt you."

Peter sniffled and wiped his eyes. "It's okay," he said. "Just don't take my teddies again, okay?"

Scott nodded. "I won't," he promised. "I'm sorry."

And with that, the crisis was averted. Peter went back to his room and hugged his teddies tightly