Your safe now

Summary:

Peter has anxiety

Word count: 495

No one's pov:

Peter Parker sat at the restaurant table with a wild look in his eyes. His uncles Thor, Sam, and Bruce sat around him, sipping on their drinks and chatting about the latest news.

"Are you okay?" Bruce asked, glancing over at his nephew.

Peter nodded, although his heart was racing and his palms were sweaty. He tried to ignore the growing sense of dread in his stomach.

Suddenly, a drunk man stumbled over to their table, shouting and slurring his words.

"Hey! You guys think you're better than me?" he slurred, pointing at them.

Peter's eyes widened in fear. He had never been good at handling confrontation or aggression, and the drunk man was making him feel more anxious than ever.

Thor stood up, towering over the man. "Leave us be," he growled, his voice low and threatening.

The drunk man stumbled back, looking frightened for the first time since he had arrived. "Fine, fine, I'll leave you alone," he muttered, backing away.

Peter let out a shuddering breath, feeling a sense of relief wash over him. He felt tears prick at the corners of his eyes.

Sam reached over to pat his back. "Hey, it's okay. You're safe now," he said gently.

Peter let out a sob, unable to stop the flood gates that had opened within him.

Bruce took his hand, rubbing soothing circles on his skin. "It's alright, kiddo. We've got you," he murmured.

Sam quickly dialed Peter's dad and uncles, panic lacing his voice. "Tony, Steve, and Bucky. You need to get here fast. Peter needs you," he said.

Within minutes, Tony, Steve, and Bucky had arrived on the scene. They surveyed the situation, listening as Thor, Sam, and Bruce explained what had happened.

Tony gathered Peter into his arms, taking him out to the car. Bucky followed.

Steve stayed behind to talk to Thor, Sam, and Bruce. They discussed what had happened, going over the details and trying to process their emotions.

Once they arrived back at the house, Steve and Tony quickly set to work making dinner. They whipped up a batch of tacos and nachos, filling the kitchen with delicious smells.

As they ate, Peter slowly began to relax. He felt safe with his family around him, and the food was helping to soothe his frayed nerves.

After dinner, they all settled down to watch a movie. Peter sat snuggled between his dads, feeling content and happy.

But later that night, he woke up screaming, covered in sweat. Bucky rushed into his room, wrapping his arms around him and holding him tightly.

"It's okay, Peter. I'm here. You're safe," he whispered, rubbing his back until he drifted off back to sleep.

With his family's support, Peter knew he could keep his anxiety at bay. They were always there for him, ready to help him through his darkest moments.