Ned makes it better

Summary:

Peter had a bad day at school . His best friend Ned and his dad's Steve and Bucky comforted him and made him feel better by listening to him, distracting him, and providing food and laughter. Eventually, Peter felt happy and safe with his best friend and dad's around him.

Word count: 417

No one's pov:

"Peter, what's wrong?" Ned asked, noticing the tears streaming down his best friend's face.

"I had a really bad day at school," Peter said, his voice shaking. "Everyone was making fun of me and I just couldn't take it anymore."

Ned put his arm around Peter's shoulders. "Come on, let's get you out of here," he said, leading Peter out of the classroom.

They walked in silence for a few minutes until they arrived at Peter's house. As soon as they walked in, Steve and Bucky knew something was wrong.

"What happened?" Bucky asked, his voice full of concern.

Peter broke down in tears again. "Everyone was making fun of me at school," he sobbed.

Steve put a hand on Peter's shoulder. "That's not right, Peter. You don't deserve to be treated like that."

Bucky sat down next to Peter and pulled him into a tight hug. "We're here for you, buddy. You can tell us anything."

Ned explained what had happened at school while Steve went into the kitchen to make some food. "We'll make sure you feel better, Peter," he called out from the kitchen.

As the food cooked, Ned sat on the couch with Peter, trying to distract him from what had happened. "Remember that time we went to the movies and you spilled popcorn all over yourself?" he said, trying to make Peter laugh.

Peter smiled weakly, wiping away his tears. "Yeah, that was pretty embarrassing," he said, his voice still shaky.

When the food was ready, Steve brought out a big plate of fries and garlic bread. "Dig in, boys," he said with a smile.

Peter and Ned ate the food eagerly, laughing and joking with Steve and Bucky. The atmosphere in the room was light and happy, and Peter started to feel like maybe things weren't so bad after all.

As the night wore on, Peter grew tired. He went to his room and grabbed his tigger teddy, snuggling up with it under the covers. Ned lay down next to him, and they both fell asleep quickly, safe and sound in the knowledge that they were surrounded by people who loved and cared for them.