Mama

Summary:

1930s Bucky and Steve (yes ik they are children in the 30s just read)

Word count: 390

No one's pov:

Bucky and Steve were having a sleepover at Bucky's house. They were both 8 years old and had been best friends since kindergarten. They were excited to spend the night together, but Bucky was having a nightmare. "MAMA" Bucky yelled out and Steve woke up to the sound.

"Hey, Bucky, wake up," Steve said, shaking him gently. "You're having a bad dream."

Bucky opened his eyes and looked around, confused. He sat up and rubbed his eyes, tears still streaming down his face

"It's okay, Bucky," Steve said, putting his arm around him. "I'm here with you. Do you want to talk about your dream?"

Bucky shook his head and buried his face in his pillow. "I just want my mama please" he said, his voice muffled.

Steve knew that Bucky's mom would know what to do, so he ran to her room to wake her up. She came to Bucky's room and held him close, comforting him with cuddles and his favorite teddy bear mr fluffy.

"It's okay, honey," she said, stroking his hair. "I'm here now. You're safe with me."

Bucky felt safe and loved, and he said "thank you ma" to his mom.

After Bucky's mom left, Steve stayed with Bucky to make sure he was okay. He sat on the bed next to him and held his hand.

"Do you feel better now?" Steve asked.

Bucky nodded, still sniffling. "Thanks for waking up my mom, Steve. You're a good friend."

Steve smiled. "Of course, Bucky. I'm always here for you. Do you want to talk about your dream now?"

Bucky hesitated, then shook his head. "No, it was just scary. I don't want to think about it anymore."

"That's okay," Steve said. "We can talk about something else. Do you want to tell me a story?"

Bucky smiled weakly. "Sure. Once upon a time, there was a brave knight named Sir Bucky. He had a magic sword and a shield made of dragon scales..."

Steve listened to Bucky's story, feeling relieved that his friend was feeling better. They both fell asleep while Steve was holding Bucky's hand. In the morning, they woke up feeling better and had breakfast together with Bucky's family. They were inseparable