Trying

Summary:

8 year old Peter trying to be tough

No one's pov

Peter had been having nightmares for weeks, and it was starting to take a toll on him. He was constantly tired and irritable, and he didn't want to talk to anyone about it.

Tony, Bucky, and Steve had noticed that Peter had been acting differently lately, but they didn't want to push him. They knew that he would tell them when he was ready.

One night, Peter came into the living room, tears streaming down his face. He ran straight to Tony and buried his face in his chest.

"What's wrong, buddy?" Tony asked, concerned.

Peter took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down. "I've been having nightmares," he said, his voice shaking.

Tony wrapped his arms around Peter. "That's okay, buddy. We're here for you."

Bucky and Steve came over and joined the hug. They all sat there for a while, just holding Peter and letting him cry.

After a few minutes, Tony pulled away and looked at Peter. "We're going to help you through this," he said, his voice firm.

Bucky and Steve nodded in agreement. "We love you, Peter. We're here for you," Steve said.

Over the next few days, Tony, Bucky, and Steve did everything they could to help Peter. They researched coping mechanisms and found things that they thought would help him. They got him comfort teddies, food, weighted blankets and toys, and they gave him lots more cuddles.

One night, they all sat down with Peter and had a talk about why he was having nightmares. It turned out that he was being bullied at school, and he didn't know how to handle it.

Tony, Bucky, and Steve were furious. They couldn't believe that someone would be so cruel to their son. They talked to the school, and they got the situation sorted out.

After that, Peter started to feel better. He knew that he could always count on his dads to be there for him, and he felt safe and loved.

One night, as they were all getting ready for bed, Peter looked up at his dads. "Thank you," he said, his eyes shining with tears.

Tony, Bucky, and Steve all smiled at him. "We love you, Peter," Bucky said.

"We'll always be here for you," Steve added.

Peter snuggled down into his blankets, feeling safe and loved. He knew that he would always have his dads to turn to when he needed them.

Word count: 417