Can I stay the night please

Summary:

Basically the title

Word count: 320

No one's pov:

Peter was feeling overwhelmed and didn't know how to tell his dads, Steve, Tony, and Bucky, that he needed some comfort items. One night, Peter couldn't take it anymore and went to his dads' room around 3 am sobbing. All three of them woke up and pulled Peter into a hug.

"Daddy, papa, dada, wake up please," Peter cried out. He sounded like how he did when he was four years old.

Steve, Tony, and Bucky were confused, but they immediately wrapped their arms around Peter. "What's wrong, baby boy?" Steve asked, rubbing Peter's back.

Peter sniffled and shook his head. "I don't know. I just feel really sad and I can't sleep," he admitted.

Tony pulled back and looked at Peter. "It's okay to feel sad, Peter. We all get sad sometimes. But we're here for you, and we love you so much," he said.

Bucky played with Peter's hair, drawing stars on his back with Steve's fingers. "You don't have to tell us what's wrong if you don't want to, Peter. We're just happy you're here with us," he said.

Peter nodded and buried his face in Steve's chest. "Can I stay here with you guys tonight?" he asked quietly.

"Of course, baby boy," Steve said, kissing the top of Peter's head.

The next day, Steve, Tony, and Bucky took Peter shopping for comfort items. They bought him teddies, loads of junk food, weighted blankets, and stuffies. Peter was grateful for the things, but he still needed one more thing.

"Can I stay in your room again tonight?" Peter asked, looking up at his dads.

Steve, Tony, and Bucky shared a look before nodding. "Of course, Peter. You can stay with us anytime you need to," Tony said, smiling.

Peter beamed and hugged his dads tightly. "Thank you, thank you, thank you," he said, feeling safe and loved.