Chapter 26

Preston gave me another heated kiss and told me that he'd see me tomorrow evening. I went back into the bedroom and sat on the edge of the bed. My legs were a little weak. I relived all of the kisses today and just thinking about them made me fan my face. Sighing I got back up and went back to work on washing and hanging my new underwear.

In the morning, I got dressed in a navy blue tee and a matching pair of sweat pants. I didn't want to get any food on my interview clothes. Lexine wanted to wear her new clothes and picked out a long sleeved flowered dress with a pair of legging and of course her new favorite sparkly shoes. After I brushed her soft light brown hair, she put on a headband with big flower on it. She looked adorable.
We went downstairs to find Chase, Jake and Brady standing in the kitchen having coffee.
"Look at you Princess! You are so pretty in your new things!" Brady said to Lexine.
She smiled big and lifted her arms to him wanting to be picked up. Jake picked her up before Brady could. He tossed her up in the air and caught her as she squealed her delight.
"Where's your new office clothes Delphine?" Brady asked me.
"I didn't want to cook while I wore it. I'll change after breakfast."
"That's too bad. I wanted you to wear that apron again. " Chase said with a grin.
"OK if you guys want breakfast you have to leave the kitchen and let me cook!"
They just laughed and took their coffee and Lexine with them. I got to work pulling out ingredients for pancakes and bacon. I was bent over pulling an electric griddle from a cabinet under the counter when I heard a camera shutter sound. I stood up fast and whirled around to see Chase with a smirk on his face holding his cell phone.
"That is so much better than the apron!" he said to me.

Chase's POV

I came back into the kitchen to refill my coffee when I saw Delphine bent over. While it was nice that I got a good look at her cute butt, it was what was written on it that got my attention. JUICY. That word did the trick because my mouth was watering. I pulled out my cell phone to take a picture of this but in my haste I forgot to flick the silent switch and it made a sound. She turned to see what the sound was and I couldn't resist smiling. I sent the pic to my brothers knowing that they would appreciate it.
"Did you just take a picture of my butt?" she asked me in disbelief.
"Yes, I did."
"You better not send that to anyone." she warned me.
"Too late."
"I am so going to get you back for that!"
"Aw come on. I'll take you to a fantastic place for lunch." I crossed the kitchen to stand in front of her. I leaned down to whisper in her ear. "I know a really good Korean restaurant."
I could feel her tremble slightly as my lips brushed against her ear lobe. That was a good sign. She felt some attraction to me too.
"Fine. If the restaurant is as good as you say, I'll forgive you."
I smiled at her and got my coffee. As I walked out to the living room and I got a replies to my text.
Preston: Thanks a lot! I won't be able to concentrate on my job today!
Wyatt: Oh hell yeah! I just found my new screen saver.
Jake and Brady were playing with Lexine but made sure to give me fist bumps with big smiles.
I was going to have a great time today and somehow I would hopefully find the right moment for a kiss.

Delphine POV
Men were such perverts sometimes but I secretly enjoyed all of the attention they were giving me. All throughout breakfast the guys were giving me winks and grins. After we were done eating, I got up to go upstairs and get ready. When I turned to leave the room, they let out wolf whistles and catcalls. I didn't dare turn around because they would see how pink my face was.
Upstairs in my bedroom, I carefully laid out my clothes. I chose a dark grey pencil skirt with a lavender shell and matching cardigan. Carefully I put on some light makeup and then looked in my bag for a small box that held my jewelry. I quickly found the earrings that I made a while back that would match my outfit. It had small crystals of lavender and smoke colors that dangled down. Lastly I chose a pair light grey high heels. Grabbing my purse and cell phone I headed downstairs.

"Wow! You look great!" Chase complimented me.
"Thank You!" I was pleased.
"Good luck today Buttercup. You look very nice." Brady said and kissed me on the cheek.
"You'll do great today, baby." Jake told me and kissed my forehead.
Chase picked up Lexine and we were ready to go.

During the car ride over, I started to get nervous. Chase noticed me fidgeting and placed a calming hand on my arm.
"It will be fine Delphine. If you don't get the job, it wasn't meant to be. If you do, that's great! Just take some deep breaths and relax."
I smiled at him and said, "I can see that you are a great doctor. You must get many compliments on your bedside manners."
"Being calm is a real benefit as a doctor. I learned it from my uncle. It helps in any situation to be able to think clearly."
We pulled up to the curb in front of a building that housed a few different businesses in it. One of the windows had a sign that said "Meyers Insurance". That was the place that I wanted. Chase took Lexine out of the backseat and joined me on the sidewalk.
"Take a few more deep breaths and go inside. You will do just fine. There is a bookstore next door, I'll take Lexine to it and come find us when you are done." He patted me on the back pulled the door open for me and I walked in.
A middle aged man with a receding hairline greeted me.
"Are you Delphine?" I smiled and extended my hand to shake his. "Yes, I am. You must be Mr. Meyers."
"Please call me Don."
After we were seated he went about asking me questions on my skill set and he seemed satisfied with my answers.
"OK, that's all I needed to know. How does starting on Monday sound to you? I'll need you from 9-5 on weekdays. Weekends I have another gal that comes in, but it's during the week that I'll need help the most. Mary, the gal that worked during the week quit unexpectedly so we'll be playing catch up with paperwork."
"That sounds great! I'll be here Monday morning."
"OK, I saw your husband and daughter dropping you off. They are probably looking for you."
"Oh, that's my daughter but he's not my husband. Just a friend who gave me a ride today because I'm new in town and he didn't want me to get lost."
"Well, that was nice of him." Don said with a smile and shook my hand again. This time he held on a little longer and it was almost awkward. I dismissed it, thinking that he was just happy to get some help in the office. I left Don's office and went into the bookstore looking for Chase and Lexine.
I found them in the children's section where Lexine was clutching a couple of books.
"Delphine! How did it go?" Chase asked me.
"It went great! I start on Monday." I said smiling.
"Congratulations! I knew that you could do it." he said and then slid one arm around my waist and tilted my chin up with his other hand and gave me a long lingering kiss.