Chapter 101

I stared at him and just blinked. Pregnant? That was impossible! Jake and Preston had vasectomies and the others always wore a condom. As far as I know none of them had broken. While I tried to let his words sink into my brain, he asked to examine me further. He lifted up my top to see my breasts, "Hmmm...your nipples and areolas are darker." Pulling my top back down he slid my pants and panties off. The stirrups were pulled out and my legs placed in them. Rubber gloves were stretched onto his hands. "Alright sweetie, I'm going to put a couple of fingers in you and press from the top with my other hand so that I can take a guess at how far along you are." I nodded that I understood and he squirted some lube on one hand before carefully sliding his fingers up in me. He pressed down with his other hand and felt around.

I watched a few different expressions flit around his face as he examined me. Pulling his fingers out and then disposing of his gloves, he looked amused. I waited for him to speak but he didn't until the stirrups were put away and my lower half was clothed again. Pulling up his stool again, he said, "Sweetie, as far as I can tell, you are about six weeks along. The best that I can figure out is that somebody's condom broke. It must have been a very tiny tear because they all checked after each time," he stroked my hair, "I know that you had wanted to wait a little while longer but here it is. Are you upset?"

I shook my head no, "Surprised yes, but not upset," my hand drifted down to lay on top of the area below my belly button. "This baby is wanted and just showed up a little early." I thought of something else, "Is having the flu going to hurt the baby?"

"No, I think that you are going to be alright, however I want to keep you here overnight to make sure that you don't get dehydrated and that we keep your fever down," Chase said smiling at me, "I'll get you a room and you get hooked up to an IV and let you get some rest."

I nodded and asked, "Are you going to tell the rest of them or should we wait until they can all be here?" Chase laughed, "You want to tell them? Ok then, you can do it when they are all here and you are checked into a room here. I'd like to do an ultrasound to get a more accurate estimation of how far along you are and it would be good to have all of us here to experience it together. I'll go get that started and for right now I'll tell Preston and Brady that you have a nasty case of the flu." He left to make the arrangements and I heard him speak to Brady and Preston about me having a severe case of the flu.

Preston walked in to stand next to me and hold my hand. "My poor dear. Is there anything that I can do to make you feel better?"

"No, I'm going to be ok though. Can you get Jake and Wyatt over here when I have my own room? I'd like to have all of you around me for a little while at least."

Lifting up my hand to kiss it, Preston said, "Anything for you."

Brady rubbed the top of my foot and tried to look encouraging. I saw the worry in his eyes though. I gave him a little smile and he returned it. It didn't take very long for Chase to secure me a room and Brady carried me there and laid me on the bed. They both helped me change into a hospital gown and get under the covers. A nurse came in to insert an IV needle and tube in my left hand. She thankfully wasn't Melinda or her friend. Instead it was an older woman with a great bedside manner and she was very efficient and worked well with Chase. As soon as the IV was set up and working, she left the room for a minute and then wheeled in a cart with a monitor and parked it in a corner of the room before leaving again. I knew what it was but said nothing to the guys.

Jake and Wyatt arrived about ten minutes later looking so worried. I gave them a reassuring smile and said, "I'll be fine, I promise." With all of them gathered around, Chase gave me a nod and smiled. I spoke up, "Well, Chase says that I have the flu but there is something else too." smiling big I continued, "It looks like one of you has some very strong swimmers so we will be having a baby sooner rather than later." There was shocked silence and stunned looks on their faces. Except for Chase of course.