Chapter 59

I stepped back from the door after unlocking it. The door opened slowly and Brady stood there. I took another step back and shook. "I'm here Buttercup. It's really ok to come on out now. Come here..." he said gently while holding his arms open. I ran into his arms and burst into tears.
"Shh... shh.. it's ok. I've got you. He won't ever hurt you again." he said soothingly and picked me up bridal style in his arms. I saw Don laying on the ground passed out. I buried my face into Brady's neck and sobbed. I heard the front door to the office slam open and someone running in.

"Is she ok?" I heard Jake's voice ask.

"I'm not sure yet, I just got her to open the bathroom she had locked herself in." Brady told him. I felt him walking and then setting me down on the couch in the back room. "Delphine, baby, let us look you over," Jake said to me. "Does it hurt anywhere? I lifted up my head and their eyes locked onto my mouth. I lifted my fingers to it and touched my lips gingerly. I winced and Brady pulled my hand away from my face. "Did he hit your face?" I was still crying and couldn't talk so I just nodded.

Wyatt appeared with a pissed off look on his face. "Where is that piece of shit!"

"Brady knocked him the fuck out. He's in the back." Jake told him.

"Good!" Wyatt said and came over to me. "I'd get her over to Chase to get looked at. I reviewed the footage and it looks like she hit her head pretty hard on the wall after the mother fucker backhanded her."

Jake ran his fingers gently over my head and found the tender spot that had hit the wall. I flinched and pulled away. "Ok baby, I'm gonna take you to see Chase so that he can make sure that you don't have a concussion." He picked me up and took me out to his car. Brady came with us to open the office and then car door for us.

"Wyatt and I will stay behind to deal with the jackass," Brady said to Jake. "I'll call you to see where you guys are at when we are finished here."

Jake nodded as he set me down carefully in the passenger seat and even buckled me in. Getting in behind the wheel he sped us off towards the hospital. At the stoplights he would push buttons on his phone and then set it down when it turned green. He got us there fast and parked in the back where Chase had parked last time. I was still shaking and my face was still wet with tears. Jake picked me up and walked in the back entrance and right into an open elevator. He punched in the 4th floor button and the doors shut and up we went. When the doors opened to the 4th floor, Chase was standing there frowning. He led us to his office and into the exam room and had Jake put me down on the exam table.

"Ok sweetie, let's see what's wrong." Chase said calmly and soothingly. Checking my face he looked at my swollen lip and carefully probed around my mouth. "Thankfully your lip isn't split, just a little puffy and that will go away soon." he said. Grabbing a pen light out of his coat he tilted my head up and checked my eyes. He had me follow is finger to the left and then to the right.

Feeling my cheekbones, nose and jaw, he moved to the sides of my head and I jumped and let out a whimper when he touched the sore spot. Pushing my hair out of the way he checked the spot on my scalp. "Well, we have a small bump here. I don't think that there is a concussion but just to be sure let's keep a close eye on you tonight." Chase told me. I nodded and he moved away from me to go to the mini fridge in his office and grabbed an ice pack out of it. Wrapping a thin cloth around it, he carefully pressed it to my hurt lip and had me hold it there. "I'm just going to give you some ibuprofen for the pain ok?" I nodded and he went into a cabinet and shook out a couple and put them in my hand. Jake tried to hand me a cup of water but there was something in my hand.

Looking down I saw that I still had my cell phone in a death grip. Chase and Jake looked down at it and exchanged glances. "Ok, you can let go of the phone now." Chase said to me gently and helped me open my fingers. My hand was sore and my fingers had red imprints from the phone in them. He took my phone and handed it to Jake and then massaged my fingers until feeling came back into them. My crying was slowing down now and I just sniffled and my breath hitched every few seconds. Chase placed the cup of water in my hands and I put the pills in my mouth and took a sip of water to wash them down. He took the cup back and set it on the counter.