Chapter 62

As we approached my car, Brady called out, "Hey North! We're here." The figure in black stopped what he was doing and came over to greet us.

"Hey Brady, Mrs. Williams." North said with a nod to each of us.

"We didn't officially get introduced to eachother. Please call me Delphine." I said to him with a smile. I started to extend my hand to shake his but realized that his hands were rather dirty from working on the car. North gave me a rueful grin and said, "I would shake your hand but mine are covered in grease and dirt." I smiled and agreed with him.

"So how the car looking so far? I'd like to take care of everything now." Brady said to him.

"Well, all the tires need changing so I'm doing that first. It still needs a tune up, new spark plugs and an oil change. Nothing too major. The engine's in pretty good condition but you probably want to get a paint job done for it sometime within the next year."

"Sounds good. Is that alright with you Delphine?" Brady asked me.

"Yes, whatever you think is best. I really don't know much about cars maintenance, so I bow down to your superior knowledge." I said to him with a saucy smile.

The guys both chuckled and started talking about wires and engines. I automatically tuned it out and just gazed around the area. Brady slid his hand from my waist into the back pocket of my jeans. His hand was warming my butt and gently squeezed me. I glanced up at him and his face gave nothing away. He just continued to talk to North. Maybe he was just doing it unconsciously, I thought to myself. I dismissed that as soon as his hand left my pocket and slid under the bottom of my coat to slide down an inch into the waist of my jeans. I stole another glance at him. The conversation between him and North had turned to construction but I could see a hint of a dimple. He was hiding a smile and he knew exactly what he was doing!

Well, I thought, two can play that game. I slowly placed my hand on his butt and waiting for a few seconds. Cautiously, I moved my hand down his butt to his upper thigh. Traveling down until my hand was about halfway down his thigh, I slowly slid my fingers up the inside of his thigh. I felt his hand tense and then move up my shirt and skim my side. I had to repress a shudder since it tickled. If he was going to up his game, then so was I! I brought my fingers up to just under his package and rubbed a little circle lightly. Brady's hand froze and he pulled his hand out of my shirt and pulled me to stand in front of him. I wanted to laugh but instead put my most innocent smile on my face as I looked up at him.

Right then a silvery grey BMW pulled up next to Brady's truck and a man got out. He was dressed in dark grey suit and dark red tie. His brown hair was cut short and he had glasses on. I estimated his age to be around 25 and he was a good looking guy. I watched him curiously as he walked toward us.

"Hello, Mr. Jenkins." He said to Brady. Turning his gaze on me he spoke, "You must be Mrs. Williams. I'm Owen Blackbourne. It is nice to meet you." and he held out his hand. I shook his hand and felt that I shouldn't ask him to call me by my first name. Formality oozed from him.

"It's nice to meet you too." I said politely. So this was the leader of the Blackbourne team? I realized that all his formality made him seem older than he really was. He couldn't be over 21 at the most. He seemed rather stiff and uncomfortable. Turning to North, he said, "Where might I find Miss Sorenson? In your trailer or the house perhaps?"

North replied, "Baby is watching TV in my trailer with Luke. I fed her breakfast so she's good to go."

Mr. Blackbourne nodded and walked towards one of the trailers. Wow, I thought. He had me calling him Mr. Blackbourne in my head! After knocking, he went inside and shut the door. I started to take a step to my car but Brady's hands on my waist kept me there standing in front of him. He leaned down to whisper in my ear, "You little devil. I still need a minute to recover." I smiled and patted his hand.