Chapter 40

When we reached the bottom of the stairs, Jake tugged me to a stop.

"Just one more kiss in private." he said and lowered his head to mine. Right as his lips touched mine, the front door opened and Brady came into the house.

"Oh, sorry!" Brady said with a smile.

I couldn't help it. I pulled my head back from his and started to giggle. Jake did too.

"The universe says no!" I said laughing really hard.

"Damn!" Jake said, still laughing.

"What did I miss?" Brady asked us.

"Because I interrupted Preston and Delphine yesterday, I'm getting it back two fold." Jake told him with a grin.

Letting go of Jake's hand I walked over to Brady and gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey there Buttercup. Did you have a good time today?"

"Yes, I did! I missed the beach so it was so nice to go spend some time there. Did you have a lot of work to do today?"

"It wasn't too bad today. Just a couple of really easy fix its."

"Oh, that's good!"

The three of us headed toward the living room and Preston got up from the couch when he saw me. I gave him a hug and kiss as well and that put a smile on his face.

"No need to ask if you had fun today. It's written all over your face." he said to me. I gave him an extra long hug. It seemed to me that he needed it.

Wyatt came wandering in just then. "Hey sweetie!" He came over and gave me a hug and kiss too.

The guys all sat on the couches except for the small one Lexine was napping on. They looked at me expectantly.

"I am going to get dinner started." I announced.

"You know, if you are too tired you don't have to cook dinner for us. We had a pretty big day. We can order out or go eat somewhere." Jake said looking concerned.

"No, I'm not too tired! I'm going to make spaghetti tonight. It's pretty easy." I said with a smile.

"One of us should help you!" Wyatt protested.

"I will. No arguments Buttercup." Brady said standing up. He put his arm around me and herded me into the kitchen with him. Once we were in there, he scooped me up off of the floor to kiss me. Brady's kisses were always so sweet! He looked so cute smiling at me with his dimples and oh, I loved his dimples. I couldn't resist and kissed each one. He chuckled.

"You like my dimples huh?" he asked me.

"Yes!"

"Buttercup, you can kiss them anytime you want!"

Brady gave me another squeeze and set me down. I told him what to get me out of the fridge and put him to work, washing mushrooms and chopping onions. Soon the sauce was made, the noodles were boiling and I popped the garlic croissants in the oven. Brady leaned against the counter and just smiled at me and watching me stir the sauce.

"How did you get so good in the kitchen?" he asked me.

"Years of it!" I said with a laugh. "I've always liked cooking for my family. The Food Network shows taught me some things too. There have been a few times that a new recipe hasn't turned out so good but I get over it and onto something else."

"Have you ever considered a career in it?"

"I've thought about it, but cooking all day with a set menu wasn't for me. Plus when I'm on my feet all day like chefs are...they really start to hurt."