Chapter 55

Chase pulled me down a couple of hallways and into an elevator. He pressed the 4th floor button and watched the doors close. Quickly he gathered me into his arms and gave me a sweet little kiss.

"OK, I am now switching out of boyfriend mode and into a professional doctor mode. I'll make this visit as quick and painless as possible!" he told me. He let go of me as the elevator doors opened and walked out with me. I followed him down the hallway to an office door. He opened it for me and gestured me in. It was rather nicely decorated with a large desk with a computer and files stacked on it. Bookcases with medical journals and filing cabinets were lined up against one wall and framed degrees were on another wall with pictures. There was a couch and coffee table too.

Opening a door on the wall of degrees, he beckoned for me to follow him. It led to a sterile exam room. Pulling out new paper over the exam chair , he then reached into a drawer and took out a paper robe. "Here you are Mrs. Williams. Please take off everything including your underwear and put this one. I'll be back in a couple of minutes." I quickly stripped off everything and put them folded nicely on a chair. Wrapping the paper robe around me, I tied the strings in the front to keep it closed. Using the step that was pulled out so that I could sit on the table, I sat there trying not to think about the pelvic exam part. I hated that most of all.

A knock sounded on the door and I said, "Come in." Chase came in with his chart and smiled at me. "Mrs. Williams, will you please step on the scale here?" He took my weight down on the chart and measured my height, took my blood pressure and did a general physical exam. When it came time for the pelvic and breast exam he asked me if I would like a female nurse to be in the room for the procedures. I did think about it but declined. I knew in my heart that Chase wouldn't do anything to hurt me. He did the breast exam first and it went quickly. Then came the pelvic. Pulling the stirrups out from under the exam chair, he had me put my feet into the holders. I think that I must have tensed up visibly because his voice became more gentle and very soothing as he explained his next move. True to his word, he was very gentle and it was painless and quick. Sometimes the doctors doing the pelvic exams were not so cautious and it could be uncomfortable.

With the exam complete with all test samples taken, Chase told me that we were all done and that I could go ahead and get dressed. I did and opened the door and stepped back into his office. A nurse was in there picking up the tray of blood and other samples from the exam to take to the lab. She was an older woman who smiled pleasantly at me and left the room.

"I had a rush order put on those so I should have all the results later tonight." Chase said to me.

"Wow, that fast?" I asked him.

"Yes, it's rather a slow night here so it's not a big inconvenience for the lab. Are you ready to go?" he asked as he pulled off his white doctors coat and hung it up.

I yawned and blushed when he caught the tail end of it. "Sorry, I guess it's just been a very long day for me." I apologized to him.

"You don't need to be sorry," he said to me as we walked back to the elevator. "I'm sure that you are tired after your first day at work and also having to deal with being separated from Lexine for the first time."

When the elevator doors shut, he pulled me into his arms and kissed me. "I'm back into boyfriend mode." he said and hugged me. I tiptoed up for another kiss and he gave it to me. "Thank you so much," I said to him. "It didn't hurt at all and I don't even feel uncomfortable "there" like I have in the past."
The elevator doors opened and we stepped out. Putting his arm around my shoulders, he said,"I really believe that doctors need to be more careful with that type of exam. I mean, when you perform surgery, you don't get rough with anything inside the body. I strongly think that the entire body should be treated carefully by doctors and nurses."