Chapter 84

I woke up feeling pretty good. It was becoming a daily thing. I was on my side and my arm that was tucked under my head was asleep. I turned over to my other side releasing my arm which immediately started feeling the tingles and prickles of blood rushing back into it. I came face to face with Brady who opened his beautiful brown eyes and smiled at me. I smiled back at him and rubbed my arm.

"What's wrong with your arm buttercup?" he asked me with his voice still husky with sleep.

"Nothing, I just had it under my head and it fell asleep."

He reached out and took my arm into his hands and started massaging it. "Let me help with that."

"You are so sweet Brady." I told him lovingly.

"So are you."

I sighed as the feeling came back into my arm and looked at the clock. It was time to get up and have Lexine ready to go to school. Giving Brady a kiss on the cheek, I headed back to my room. I stripped in my bathroom and got ready to shower. There was barely anything on my pad but sometimes I had it really light. It looked like this was going to be one of those times. I dreaded the next one since it was always heavy after a light period. I showered and got dressed opting to let my hair air dry. Getting Lexine up and dressed was easy as usual. I let her choose her clothes for the day and she picked out rainbow striped legging and a pink tunic sweater. She also picked out a rainbow glitter headband. She looked adorable like a little lollipop.

I slipped my cell phone into my dress pocket and grabbed a pink pea coat for Lexine. The mornings have been progressively getting chilly. As usual we headed downstairs and I went to the kitchen while Lexine went to the living room. Pulling ingredients out of the refrigerator and pantry, I set them out on the counter.

Jake wandered in and gave me a good morning hug and kiss. His eyes scanned over the things on the counter.
"Sour cream? Shredded cheese? What are you making for breakfast sweetie?"

I smiled at him and said, "Breakfast burritos of course. I need you to scramble some eggs." While he took care of that for me, I browned the potatoes, added onions and peppers in one skillet and them cooked some ground sausage in another pan. With Jake helping me it didn't take that long and I combined everything into a bowl. We set the bowl out on the table with tortillas, shredded cheese, sour cream and salsa. Lexine, Brady and Wyatt joined us at the table. We sat down to eat and everyone seemed to enjoy the meal.

Jake's phone chimed letting him know he got a text message. Reading it he smirked and nodded. "It seems that Chase is wanting a delivery of food this morning. He claims that he is starving and that the cafeteria is doesn't have anything he likes today."

I laughed and said, " Does he want breakfast or lunch or both?"

Jake tapped at his phone and waited for a response. "He says he wants both."

I grabbed two tortillas and quickly made two burritos with the works and rolled them up on my plate. Carrying to the kitchen, I wrapped up the burritos in saran wrap. Getting a loaf of bread out of the pantry I quickly made a ham sandwich with sliced tomatoes, lettuce and swiss cheese and popped it in a baggie. Finding an insulated lunch bag in one of the cabinets, I put the food in there along with a small bag of chips.

Remembering that there was a notepad with a pen in a drawer, I took those out and wrote a quick note to Chase. Hope that this makes you happy! See you tonight. Love, Delphine. I stuck that into the bag as well and took it out to Jake. Jake shook his head and mumbles something about spoiling them. Everyone had finished eating so Wyatt and Brady started cleaning off the table and I got Lexine ready to go with Jake. Making sure her face and hands were clean, I helped her put her jacket on and saw them off at the door. After giving them both kisses, I waved to them and then headed back to the kitchen.