Chapter 127

I was five months along and sitting down having lunch with the family on a Saturday afternoon when I felt the baby kick really hard. I had felt movement before but this time it was strong enough to feel from the outside of my stomach. "He kicked hard! I think that you can feel it now!" I exclaimed. I grabbed hands on either side of me and placed it on my stomach. Right on cue the baby kicked again. The look of excitement on Jake and Wyatt's faces would be forever etched into my brain. The others got up and my whole stomach was covered by hands wanting to feel the kicking also. It took almost a full minute of waiting until he kicked again. When he did, Lexine shrieked and then started giggling, "The baby kicks hard." she said.  They all agreed with her and thrilled over the experience. After that, whenever I sat down someone would reach over and place a hand on my stomach.

Easter came around and I marveled at how much my life had changed for the better. Last year, I scrounged together enough money to buy some cheap plastic eggs and candy for a egg hunt for Lexine. Instead of an Easter basket, she used a grocery bag but not once did she complain and right now she held a white woven basket with yellow lace trim. This year was much better. We were at a local park where other families also gathered with their kids to hunt for eggs. It was an Academy run event and so it was safe for all the children. Jenny was also there so she and Lexine hunted together and split their eggs evenly. They looked adorable dressed up, Lexine who wore a pale yellow dress trimmed with white lace and big yellow bows in her hair and Jenny who wore a pink and white polka dotted dress.

I sat in a picnic sports chair as did Preston and Chase. I leaned back and relaxed as I watched my girl run around happily. Brady was one of the guys running the BBQ grill while Jake was helping to set up the salads. Wyatt was helping monitor the children along with a Jenny's two dads and mom. Just as I was feeling comfortable, the baby managed to kick me right in the bladder and that of course made me have to go pee. I moved to stand up, Preston and Chase were up like a shot helping me to stand. I gave them a wry grin and said, "Sorry guys but the baby's insisting that I go pee." They laughed and escorted me over the small building where the bathrooms were at the side of the park. I opened one stall and saw something black at the back edge of the toilet bowl, so I wisely went to the next one. After draining my bladder, I decided to check on the toilet that I had passed up. Maybe we could put an out of order sign on it or something so that the little girls would have to use it.

As I took a closer look at it, I realized that it wasn't fecal matter but a tiny black thing which looked electronic. I gasped aloud when it struck me that this could be a camera. "Delphine, darling? Are you ok? I heard you gasp and I wanted to make sure that you are ok." Preston said from outside the doorway. "Can you come in here and see this please? There isn't anyone else here." I told him.  He stepped inside and looked at me curiously. I motioned for him to come closer and we switched places so that he could get a better look at what it was. He bent over peering at it and then straightened up with a disgusted look on his face. "It is what's known as a toilet cam. Go outside and wait with Chase. I'm calling Wyatt since this is his area of expertise." I nodded and then went outside. Chase looked at me curiously and I filled him in while Wyatt came running up and joined Preston inside the bathroom.

"Let's get you back over to sit down sweetie. They'll take care of it." Chase said to me as he escorted me back. A couple of other Academy men with one woman passed us with nods as they headed to join Preston and Wyatt. I was curious as to how they would handle it but I knew that later Preston and Wyatt would update me. The food was ready so we brought out the hand sanitizer and made sure that the kids "washed" their hands before they got their food. Jake fixed me a plate and set it on the tray that was attached to my chair. I opened a bottle of orange soda to drink with it and started to eat a barbequed chicken leg and some green salad. About ten minutes later, the guys were done doing their thing in the ladies room and were back to eat. They too sanitized their hands before eating. Preston praised me for finding the camera and said that they had coordinated with someone Academy that was also a detective in the local PD. "It was short range transmission and we were able to track it to an address a couple of blocks away. They have enough evidence along with fingerprints on the camera and transmitter to make an arrest." Wyatt said. I smiled, "Good, I'm glad that it's taken care of. One more criminal out of commission," I said lightly. "That's right buttercup." Brady said from behind me and dropped a hand on top of my head to rub it affectionately.