Chapter 85

We walked into the Fort holding hands. There was a tour guide to follow and we opted for that. I wanted to hear the history of the place. It gave me a thrill to hear about the civil war and see the different relics that were there. Wyatt indulged me and was patient even though he probably already knew all about it. I loved Gone with the Wind (both movie and book) so I imagined the Rhett Butler had been on a ship sailing through waters here. My dreamy expression must have given me away because Wyatt asked me what I was thinking about.

Bashfully I told him and he grinned at me. "You want me to be Rhett Butler right now?"

I laughed and said, "No! I'd rather have you as yourself. After all, that is who I fell in love with."

"Darling, you really are the sweetest woman I have ever met." he said before kissing me.

The guided tour was soon over and we still had a few minutes to look around before catching the next ferry back to Patriots Point. I even made Wyatt take a selfie with me on my cell phone before we left. He teased me about it as we boarded the ferry. I finally kissed him to stop his teasing and he laughed saying that a kiss was all he was after the whole time.

"Do you feel like getting some lunch when we get back to the car?" he asked me.

"Yes, that sounds good. Where should we go? Is there a place that you had in mind?"

"Jake told us how much you enjoy seafood so I'm going to take you to a place someone recommended. It's called Pearlz Oyster Bar."

"That does sound good, but do you like seafood?"

"Yeah some of it like clams and grilled fish so don't worry darling."

I grinned at him happily and gave his hand a squeeze. He reciprocated and we spent the rest of the ferry ride chatting about the rich history of Charleston. Wyatt was a fountain of knowledge and answered question after question for me. When we were getting off the ferry, I suddenly realized that I might be boring him so I apologized.

"Wyatt, I'm sorry if I'm asking too many questions." I said with a contrite look as we walked towards the garage that his car was parked at.

"You aren't! Do you have any idea how nice it is to be able to have a decent conversation? I thank God that you are intelligent. No guy just wants to talk about makeup or gossip about celebrities with their woman."

"So, I shouldn't talk about Futurama with you?" I teased him.

"Woman! You should never joke about Sci Fi with me!" he declared, wrapped his arms around my waist and picked me up off the ground.

I giggled as my feet dangled above the ground. "Put me down Wyatt!" I protested but not really meaning it. He set me down when we reached the car.

"There, I put you down," Wyatt said laughing. "You are so light! Let's get you fed because you are obviously wasting away."

His stomach growled right then, so I poked him in the stomach lightly and said, "Well, it seems like I'm not the only one who needs feeding."

Wyatt opened the car door with a flourish, "Get in the car darling before I decide to kiss the crap out of you in a public place."

I got in quickly and had my seatbelt fastened before he sat in the drivers seat. He started the car and drove us out of the garage. I was glad that he had such a good sense of direction and knew where he was going because I had no idea where we were at. Wyatt drove expertly and we were pulling into a parking spot in no time. He opened my car door and I took his hand to climb out. He kept my hand in his as we walked into the restaurant.