Chapter 63

"What do you feel like eating?" Brady asked me.

"Are there any places with good burgers around here?"

"Yeah! There is a great drive in place not too far from here. Do you mind eating in the car?"

"Not at all! Sounds like fun and we don't have to worry about the groceries getting too hot in the car."

"Good point Buttercup. You want a plain burger or cheeseburger?" he asked me as we pulled into the lot. I saw employees wearing pink and white striped shirts on roller skates delivering trays of food and drink to the parked cars.

I perused the menu board on the side of the car and said, "Cheeseburger! With onion rings and a Dr. Pepper."

He grinned at me and said, "Thank God that you aren't one of those women who are constantly on a diet and living on rabbit food. Actually I think that rabbits eat better than they do!"

"I like food and I like to eat. I think that the key is moderation. I really should get back into exercising."

"Well, we do have a home gym and a pool but it is getting cold outside. Let me know what kind of workouts you want and we will arrange it." He said with a grin to me and turned to the sign and pressed the red button to place our order.

Brady and I turned to face each other and chatted about different things. Learning one another's likes and dislikes was a big thing for me right now. Our order arrived a few minutes later with a bulky tattooed male who did not look happy to be there. He was walking instead of roller skating like the rest of the employees were.

"Here is your order sir." he said in an accented deep voice. I thought it sounded Russian.
Brady turned around and both of their eyes widened. Brady started to chuckle and that turned into a huge belly laugh.

"Raven!?" he gasped out. "What the hell are you doing here? And you're wearing pink!"

"You better stop laughing if you want your food." said Raven with a disgruntled expression on his face. "I was stuck on this job because nobody else was available. Even Little Thief had something else to do. I got the burnt end of deal."

"Raw end of the deal Raven! Why aren't you on roller skates like the rest?" Brady asked him.

Raven gestured to the food stains all over the front of his shirt. "This is why. Balance is not so good on those things. People wanted their food on tray, not on my shirt."

I couldn't help it and let out a giggle. It was funny! Raven looked my way and perked up. Puffing out his chest and wearing a cocky grin he boasted, "Of course, the women all want to eat off a Russian stud's chest! I look delicious, no?"

He wasn't hitting on me but I got the sense that he was just used to strutting his stuff in front of females. I glanced at Brady and he was still laughing. Afraid that we wouldn't get our food if I didn't console his male pride, I said with a polite smile, "Oh, you look wonderful in pink. Most men can't get away with it but you can."

Raven preened and hooked the tray of food to the car door. "A beautiful woman with good taste. What is she doing with you?" he asked Brady.

Brady introduced us to each other, "Raven this is Delphine, our bird. Delphine, this is Raven. He is part of Axel's team."

"Oh, I've met Axel! It's nice to meet you Raven." I smiled warmly at him.

I guess Brady started to feel territorial then because he slid his arm around me and Raven noticed.

"Don't worry Brady, I have my Little Thief to keep me busy. She would be jealous if I bring another bird home so I will not steal your woman away." Raven said smirking.