Chapter 52

When we arrived at the diner, we got out of the car and Brady rushed ahead of me to open the door to the restuarant. I smiled at him and tiptoed up for a kiss. "Right where we first met." I murmured to him. Brady grinned and agreed. Walking in to the place, I turned to see the rest of our family coming in. The same blond teenage boy was there and he looked up at us and grinned.

"Hey guys! How's it going?" he asked us.

"Luke, it's going good. We'll need a table for seven please." Preston said to him.

"Looks like it going better than good!" Luke said with a wink at me while he grabbed menus for us.

Brady laughed and said, "Well, I do have to thank you for getting Delphine to agree to sharing a table with me."

Luke nodded and said, "You owe me one! Wait here for a minute while I get a table set up." He walked off and disappeared into the restuarant.

Preston leaned down and whispered in my ear, "The guy who owns this place is Luke's uncle. They are Academy as well. His two nephews are part of the Blackbourne team and a lot of Academy members like to eat here."

"Oh," I said to him. "So it makes it easier if you had to leave really fast for a job then huh? They would understand here."

His smile was blindingly bright. "You are a clever girl." he said with his accent coming out strong again.

Luke came back and showed us to our table which was two tables shoved together. There was enough room for all of us. Jake pulled out my chair for me while Chase helped Lexine into hers. Picking up my menu, I noticed that the special of the day was handwritten on a blackboard hung on the wall nearby. Beef and Spinach Ravioli with a red mushroom sauce. That sounded great to me so I didn't even bother opening my menu and just set it back down. Brady leaned down to me and asked me if everything was ok.

"Yes, everything is fine," I said to him. "I saw the special of the day on the board there and I want that."

Brady looked up at it and smiled. "Whatever you want Buttercup!" he said and kissed my cheek. I looked across the table at Lexine who was busy pointing to something on the kids menu to Wyatt. It looked like he was figuring out what she wanted to eat. The way that Lexine has taken to the guys was wonderful. I didn't realize until now that they had taken some of the pressure off of me. Instead of having to take care of all of her needs by myself which I have always done, they helped out without me having to ask.

There were so many benefits to having more than one man! I smiled as I thought this to myself. Jake on my other side asked me what I was thinking about. "All of you." I answered him. He smiled and rubbed my back.

"What do you want to drink baby?"

"I think that I want Dr. Pepper," I said to Jake. "It's my weakness."

He laughed at me. "So that's your vice?"

"Yeah, soda is one of my big weaknesses. Along with chocolate truffles."

Looking up I saw that the rest of the guys were listening and smiling. I smiled back at all of them. Reaching into my purse I pulled out Lexine's play pack and handed it across the table to Wyatt who opened it for her. The same teenage boy with glasses (who's name I couldn't remember) came to take our order.

"Hey guys, I see the whole family is out for dinner tonight." he said to us with a smile.

"Hi Kota," Chase greeted him. "As you can see, our family has expanded."

"A bigger family is always great!" Kota said with a smile. "I remember how happy we were when we expanded our family. Even North smiled."

Preston laughed, "North smiling? That must have been a sight to see."