Chapter 204: Progenitor Lourdes

"Is that the fabled Realm Tree?" Asked Elif in awe as he gazed upon the massive tree that towered in the dimension, its presence visible from everywhere.

"Yes, that is the Realm Tree; its size is impressive, to say the least. Though just like the Royal Library, you'll get accustomed to it as such a sight will be an everyday occurrence." Replied Ancestor Zal as she started flying towards the realm tree, which, despite its' massive size, was very far away.

"I suppose." Muttered Elif as he quickly followed behind Zal while flying over the plains below and passing several hills, his eyes not once leaving the realm tree.

After some time, I eventually looked away from the realm tree, as I was curious about the rest of the realm, but other than the tranquility of nature and the occasional cottage, there wasn't anything that garnered my interest.

"Are those houses where the Ancestors live?" Asked Elif as he glanced at a cottage located at the peak of the hill, spotting two Royal Elves sitting on their front porch, calmly drinking tea.

"Yes, the house we had just passed belonged to my Grandparents." Replied Ancestor Zal calmly as she glanced at the house on the hill before glancing at Elif, who was busy observing the Ancestral land.

Nodding to Ancestor Zal, the two of us descended into silence while she calmly flew toward the Realm Tree as I continued appreciating the beauty of the Ancestral land; this was exactly how our time passed as we headed toward Progenitor Lourdes, who I assume resides close to the Realm Tree.

Despite our speed, which must've felt like a snail's pace for Ancestor Zal, it took us nearly an hour and a half of flying over massive mountains, flourishing forests, and even the occasional lake until we finally arrived near the base of the Realm Tree.

"I can't tell whether it looks smaller or larger up close." Commented Elif as he tilted his head and looked up, only to see the Realm Tree's canopy and nothing else; its thick and numerous leaves block any sunlight from entering.

"Hehe, well, we've arrived, Elif; it's been a rather enjoyable day for me; staying cooped up in the Ancestral land can get boring rather quickly." Said Ancestor Zal with a soft chuckle as she landed on the ground, Elif doing the same.

"I also greatly enjoyed myself, at least until you arrived; now I'm only enjoying myself." Said Elif lightly as he looked at Ancestor Zal, again causing her to chuckle.

"Though, weren't you supposed to take me Progenitor Lourdes? I don't see any nearby indication of her presence." Added Elif as he gave Ancestor Zal a confused look before observing his surroundings, only to come up empty-handed.

"Her house is right there, Elif. Now then, if you'll excuse me, I'll leave you two to it, though I will warn you, you can't sense it, but every ancestor within the ancestral land is watching you. Try not to make a fool of yourself." Advised Ancestor Zal with a light smile as she pointed toward the cottage directly at the base of the Realm Tree before suddenly vanishing from Elif's eyes.

Seeing her vanish, I followed where her hand was previously pointing and noticed a small wooden cottage connected to the base of the Realm Tree.

'Tsk, that wasn't there before.' Mused Elif with furrowed brows as he opted to walk toward her rather than fly.

Despite being about to speak with the Progenitor of the Elven Empire and one of the oldest living beings alive, I didn't feel an ounce of nervousness, nor was I particularly excited; I was mainly curious about what my mysterious intent was since she must know what it was.

"Also, why did Ancestor Zal advise me not to make a fool of myself? Is someth-" Said Elif, though before he could finish speaking, a powerful intent surged out from the cottage he was approaching and enveloped him in it, forcing him to instantly come to a halt.