Chapter 218: Fairy and Dryads

With a chuckle, I waited for the two carriages to stop before slowly approaching them; while doing so, the two carriage doors opened almost simultaneously; stepping out first was Eyvor from the multicolored carriage, which was being pulled by ethereal beasts that I could only assume were soul beasts, found only within the Aether dimension.

Following her appearance, her parents, Patriarch and Matriarch Aasveig, exited from the carriage, both looking the exact same as I remember; though, just like I expected, Matriarch Aaseivg was giving me annoyed looks, she still disliked me. However, if I didn't care back then, now that I've awakened my Immortal Will, I certainly wouldn't care now.

While those three Fairies approached me from the wooden carriage laced with various beautiful flowers that beasts were pulling I'd never seen before, Birger exited the carriage alongside Queen Nerthus, who, I will add, didn't dislike me; in fact, it was quite the opposite. Unlike Matriarch Aasveig, who was married to Patriarch Aasveig, Queen Nerthus had nothing holding her back from my charms; I mean, if I so wished I could, with my heavenly appearance, I could seduce Matriarch Aasveig, but it would just require much more effort on my part, effort, I saw no reason to put in as I had no desire to seduce her, same with Queen Nerthus, but a little teasing every now and then never hurt anyone, or at least, that's what I previously thought.

"The whole family came; what a delight." Said Elif with a light smile as he glanced between the approaching five, who all smiled in response except for one.

"But of course, we came, Prince Elif; as the Patriarch, I have hardly any free time; attending your birthday celebration is a reasonable and justifiable excuse to escape from my duties for some time." Stated Patriarch Aasveig with a large grin as he walked alongside Matriarch and Eyvor, who was slightly ahead of them.

"Yes, I couldn't have worded it better myself, Aasveig; taking care of a Clan and Kingdom is difficult and tedious." Remarked Nerthus with a slight chuckle as she walked beside Birger while glancing at Patriarch Aasveig before looking back at Elif, gazing upon his body with desire leaking from her eyes.

"If that's the case, Mother, could you have a second child? I don't want to spend millions of years doing nothing but sitting on a throne and listening to boring reports." Asked Birger calmly as he looked at Nerthus, his words causing everyone to chuckle, while she merely gave him a side glance before knocking on his head.

"Don't you know how long it took for you to be born by myself? If you want me to conceive a second child so badly, this time, it would be with a man. Do you want that?" Questioned Nerthus with a raised eyebrow as she folded her arms, looking at Birger while occasionally glancing at Elif, which didn't escape his senses.

"Ugh, no, never mind; I'll gladly take on the duties of being a King." Replied Birger quickly, shivering in fear and disgust at the thought of Elif becoming his father-in-law and being forced to call him King August.

"That's what I thought, young man; besides, if anyone will have a kid, it would be you; aren't you the one who already has three concubines despite not even being a man yet?" Stated Nerthus with a slight smirk, her words causing Elaine to scowl at the mention of concubines, though so long as Elif and concubines weren't mentioned in the same sentence, she didn't mind.

"Three concubines? You used to only have two; when did you add a third?" Asked Eyvor curiously as she glanced at Birger, who wryly smiled in response.

"It was during a noble's party; they invited me, I attended, got a little too drunk, and I ended up sleeping with the noble's daughter, who I had thought was Jessica, my first concubine. Thankfully, the noble was only a Duke, so although a little difficult, they finally conceded and allowed me to take her as a concubine instead of being forced to take her as a wife." Said Birger awkwardly, his tale casing Patriarch Aasveig to laugh, Eyvor to shake her head, and Nerthus to slap the back of Birger's head.