Chapter 225: Suscila Arrives

While sitting in the carriage, I kept my eyes closed while rhythmically tapping my arm as I waited for certain someone to welcome me, yet even after waiting for a full five minutes, he never arrived, thoroughly angering me.

"Tch, bastard! When have I, Suscila Alarin, ever been forced to wait!? Such disrespect." Said Suscila, a bluish Atlantean with small fins for ears, gills on her neck, and webbed hands, though other than that, she looked very similar to a Human or Elf.

"Please calm yourself, Mistress Suscila; you must remember the person you're dealing with is Crown Prince Elif of the Elven Immortal Empire, who is infamous for his arrogance among the younger generation." Said a young man respectfully, donned in silver and black armor while holding a halberd in his hand.

"Hmph, still, he's dealing with the descendant of the Immortal Ocean Clan; arrogance should have a limit." Stated Suscila with a frown as she huffed in annoyance and looked out the window, eyeing the Elven Palace.

"I understand, Mistress Suscila, but don't forget, we technically aren't visiting with the title of the Immortal Ocean Clan, so even if he is disrespecting you, he isn't disrespecting the Immortal Ocean Clan." Said the young man respectfully as he gave a slight bow, though he got a glare from Suscila.

"So what you're essentially saying is I'm not important enough in Elif's eyes? Is that what you're saying, Oscar?" Questioned Suscila with a glare and a scowl, positioning Oscar between a rock and a hard place.

"Y-Yes, Mistress Suscila, t-thats' what it looks like to me; otherwise, he would've personally welcomed you. Or, at the very least, Princess Elaine would've taken his place." Replied Oscar slowly and nervously, not wishing to somehow garner Suscila's ire; luckily for him, someone approached them just before she could respond.

Before I could reprimand Oscar, out of the corner of my eye, I saw someone approaching me; I at first thought it was that arrogant Elif or Elaine, though when I laid eyes on the person, I was furious.

'A guard? They dared to send a mere guard to welcome ME!?' Thought Suscila furiously as she glared at Mandy, who was approaching their carriage.

"I deeply apologize you were required to wait so long, young mistress Suscila; when I got the order to welcome you, I was in the midst of my training, and I couldn't show disrespect by appearing before you as such. Again, I apologize for the wait." Said Mandy respectfully as she placed her hand on her stomach and bowed slightly, soothing Suscila's anger somewhat.

"Hmph, it's about time; making me wait five minutes is excessive. Anyways, where is Elif? I figured he would be the one to welcome me." Remarked Suscila calmly, though the anger in her voice was ever apparent, causing Mandy to sigh internally since she really wasn't the one to blame; she had, in fact, just received the order not even twenty seconds ago.

"Again, I do apologize. His Highness had just finished his sparring session with his teacher and is currently recuperating by taking a bath; if it weren't for that, I'm confident he would welcome you, young mistress Suscila." Replied Mandy with another bow, though when she finished speaking, an awkward silence hung in the air between the two.

'He couldn't welcome me 'cause he was bathing?' Thought Suscila in disbelief as she tightly clenched her fists in anger.

Furious wasn't enough to describe how utterly disrespected I felt; never before had I experienced such disrespect! I'm Suscila Alarin, the descendant of the Immortal Ocean Clan, niece of the Patriarch, and second strongest right after elder sister, yet here I was, being treated like a mere commoner!

"Fuu, calm yourself, Suscila; lashing out in anger will do no good; it will only form bad blood between our two hegemonies, which is unneeded. Besides, Sister had asked me to gauge Elif's strength, not to make them potential enemies." Muttered Suscila as she exhaled a deep breath and took a second to calm her furious heart before responding, sounding much calmer than before.