Chapter 245: Gracious Prince Elif

"Is that dish really that delicious, your Highnesses?" Asked Sarah curiously as she glanced at Elif and Elaine, who looked to be experiencing heaven.

"It is indeed, Sarah; I don't even know if the cake for tonight's banquet will be nearly as good." Replied Elaine softly with a nod as she glanced at Sara to her left before taking another bite, only to quietly moan in satisfaction.

I didn't bother verbally responding and just nodded to Sarah; I wouldn't have minded feeding her a piece from my fork, but Birger was there, and I knew he had been trying to court her for a few years, and I didn't wish to ruin Sarah's chances to become a Queen. However, that didn't mean I was only going to have Elaine and I keep the dish for ourselves; I was a generous Prince, and although the Manager had said he only made it for me, there was a good amount, more than enough for a few to have a bite with there still being a lot left for the two of us.

"Here, Illumia, taste a bite; as it's my birthday, I shall be a little generous." Said Elif as he stabbed a piece of the dessert with his fork and held it in the air before Illumia, who hesitantly took a bite when she saw Elaine's piercing glare.

"T-Thank you, your Highness, and yes, this dish is phenomenal." Stated Illumia softly as she nodded her head after swallowing the food and giving a slight bow to Elaine, who merely squinted her eyes.

'Haa, I'm walking on thin ice.' Mused Illumia in slight worry as she stood upright and glanced at Elaine, who was ignoring her by now.

After feeding Illumia, I saw Marley give me a look while pouting, shaking my head, yet I still gestured for her to come, causing her to happily smile as she practically skipped over toward me; she also didn't even bother to be subtle about it as she leaned right before me with her mouth wide open, just waiting for me to feed her.

"Hmph, you should be eternally grateful, Marley; very few servants will be lucky enough to be fed by their beloved Prince, let alone a Prince such as I." Remarked Elif with a twitching expression as he scoffed; nonetheless, he still fed Marley a piece of his dessert, which she happily took.

"Ah, so delicious; Miss Illumia wasn't lying, this is splendid." Said Marley with a gleeful expression as he completely ignored Elif's words and grabbed her cheeks before backing away.

"Tsk, lucky." Muttered Sarah under her breath, frowning and glaring at Marley in envy.

Watching Marley walk away, I turned and glanced at Idonea, who promptly closed her eyes when ours connected; unlike Marley, Idonea has always been much more professional since she used Illumia as her inspiration, one of the reasons why they behave somewhat similarly. However, at the end of the day, she couldn't deny her heart nor the words of her Prince, and after staring at her for a few more seconds, she finally caved and stood to my left with a slight.

"Yes, Idonea, do you need something?" Asked Elif in fake curiosity while smirking as he glanced at Idonea, who couldn't help but frown and see right through his plan.

"You were looking at me, your Highness, so I assumed you needed my assistance." Replied Idonea, lightly trying to behave as professionally as possible before so many influential guests.

"Oh, I was merely observing your beauty, Idonea; I can't do that?" Asked Elif with a sly smirk as he glanced at Idonea with a raised eyebrow, his words causing every woman to eye her while some glared at her much more intensely than others.

"N-No, you can, of course, do that, your Highness; I had just misinterpreted your look for something else, that's all." Said Idonea with a nod as she hesitantly stepped back, something Elif and Nerthus clearly saw.

"Oh, Prince Elif, if you're handing those out, I'd love to have a taste if you don't mind." Remarked Nerthus with a slight smile as she looked at Elif before leaning toward him and opening her mouth, causing everyone watching to slightly widen their eyes at her boldness.