Chapter 243: Eyvor Exposed!?

"Your Highnesses." Said Maxim with a cough, trying to gather Elaine and Elif's attention, though they were far too deep within their own passionate word to hear him.

"You need to do it like this, Maxim." Remarked Illumia lightly as she cleared her throat before opening her mouth, her voice surprising everyone.

"Elif and Elaine August!" Stated Illumia sternly while she imitated Maria's voice, something which would be considered a royal offense if anyone else dared to do that, though Illumia was a special case.

Hearing Mother's voice, Elaine and I instantly separated ourselves as I sat upright and fixed my posture while Elaine sat beside me on her throne, with the two of us looking like proper royalty. However, as we searched around for Mother, we didn't find her at all, causing Elaine and I to look at each other in confusion, though Illumia cleared that up for us.

"Apologies for using your name without honorifics, Your Highnesses, but please remember we're in a public space; your indecent actions aren't befitting of a Prince or Princess." Stated Illumia with a bow; her voice had returned to normal while both Elaine and Elif clicked their tongues in annoyance.

"Tsk, for as long as I can remember, you've always been ruining things, Illumia." Remarked Elaine with a deep frown as she glanced at Illumia, who bowed once more but didn't say anything, causing Elaine to grunt and ignore her

As annoyed as I was with Illumia for interrupting Elaine and I, she was right; it was different if we behaved like that within the palace or even in the royal carriage, but we are in a public setting, within our own Empire no less. We needed to show some level of etiquette and not act like a pair of beasts in heat; we were royalty, and our actions directly affected the image of our Empire and lineage. Granted, staying composed was much easier said than done when my sexy little sister kept looking at me with such inviting eyes; it was making it several times more difficult.

'Hmm, I know I want to become one with Elaine, but have I always been this poor at controlling my lust?' Mused Elif with furrowed brows as he thought back to today, though what he didn't know was the aphrodisiac tea Elaine had given him was beginning to show its effects.

While I was confused about that, I eventually shook my head and forgot about it, figuring I was just too eager now that I had nothing holding myself back from becoming one with Elaine.

"I appreciate the assistance, Illumia, but don't do that again; I was quite enjoying myself." Said Elif lightly as he eyed Illumia, who nodded before giving a slight bow.

"I understand, Your Highness, but if it becomes too much, I shall intervene again." Replied Illumia softly as she stood upright and glanced at Elif, who clicked his tongue but didn't say anything since that was part of her job as his personal attendant.

Since Mother was never actually here, Elaine returned to her usual seat in my lap, watching the dancers while snacking on the appetizers as we waited for the main dish to arrive.

"I don't mean to be noisy, Prince Elif or Prince Elaine, but I've noticed the two of you seem to be far more intimate today than usual." Said Shelia as she sat toward the left of the table, curiously glancing at Elif and Elaine.

"Well, it is his birthday, Shelia; I'm just showing my love for Brother after all." Replied Elaine lightly as she leaned against Elif's back while eyeing Shelia, a glint surfacing within her eyes.

"And there is nothing wrong, Princes Elaine; it's just, I'm sure your actions are making a few of these women envious; after all, Prince Elif is considered the most beautiful among the younger women. Cause I know I am." Commented Nerthus with a teasing smile while sitting beside Elif, looking at Elaine sitting on his lap before glancing at the several.