Chapter 248: Tainted Silver

"I apologize for what you were forced to experience, Queen Nerthus; I'm sure their Majesties will adequately reimburse you for your troubles." Said Illumia as she turned away from Elaine, who was lying on the bed, thinking incredibly sinister and dangerous thoughts before looking at Nerthus and bowing.

"Reimburse me? I was nearly killed, Illumia, within the Elven territory by the Crown Princess no less; a simple reimbursement won't be enough." Remarked Nerthus angrily as she took a second to calm herself, lest she lashed out in anger and did something she'd quickly regret.

"I understand, Queen Nerthus; we should speak about this with Majesties; they'll come to an-" Replied Illumia softly as she tried placating Nerthus, though she wasn't the only one who was angry, several others were as well.

"That's not going to solve the issue, Illumia; this crazy and psychotic girl needs to be heavily punished, if not at the very most put down. Someone like her will only end up ruining Elif's reputation. I can now see why he doesn't hesitate at the idea of eloping with me; he probably wants to get as far away as possible from her." Stated Suscila with an ugly expression as she looked at Elaine lying on her bed before eying Illumia and Nerthus, though her words caused everyone to freeze.

"E-Elope? What do you mean by that, Suscila?" Asked Sarah, who had been quietly watching everything unfold since, was so shocked by Elaine's sudden change that she only now regained her bearings.

"Hehehe, Yes, Suscila; what do you mean by that?" Asked Elaine with a maniacal chuckle and demented expression as she lifted her head, eyeing Suscila, who smirked, causing Elaine to frown.

"Earlier today, your precious Brother confessed his love for me while saying how eagerly he wants to leave this empire and spend the rest of his long life with me." Stated Suscila with a smirk and a lovely expression as she rested her hands atop her heart before glaring at Elaine.

'Miss Illumia, should we say the truth?' Asked Marley via divine sense as she fed Idonea a pill before looking at Illumia, who was sporting an ugly expression.

'Haa, no; we all know how much His Highness despised kissing Suscila; he'll be thoroughly upset if he discovers everything he endured was for naught.' Replied Illumia via divine sense with a troubled expression as she looked between Elaine and Suscila before eventually sighing and shaking her head.

'Are you sure, Illumia?' Asked Mandy via divine sense with an uneasy face as she stood beside Marley while the three stayed at a distance, overlooking everything.

"No." Muttered Illumia; although it was a whisper, Marley, Mandy, and Idonea perfectly heard her.

"His Highness, confessing his love for you? I find that incredibly hard to believe, Suscila; I've known him for a long time, so even if he truly does love you, he's far too prideful to ever confess his love to someone." Declared Sarah with a deep frown as she shook her head, denying Suscila's words, and she wasn't the only one.

"Yes, I must agree with Sarah on the matter; as heartbreaking as it is, Prince Elif views us as beneath him, and given his pride, he'd never fall in love with someone he considered beneath him." Stated Eyvor solemnly with an unsightly expression as she thought back to when Elif first visited the Fairy Clan.

"Yes, he's told me straight to my face that he doesn't see me as his equal while I was rubbing my body against his." Said Nerthus with a slightly calm expression, her words causing everyone to be taken somewhat aback, but they quickly got over it and glared at her in annoyance.

"Echo and I would like not to get involved in this conversation." Said Shelia softly with a nod as she glanced at everyone, then Elaine before backing away along with Echo, leaving Eyvor, Sarah, Suscila, and Nerthus to remain in the conversation.