Chapter 241: Elven Cuisine Pagoda

Seeing Elaine and Suscila angrily glaring at each other as if they were about to fight each other at a moment's notice, Queen Nerthus stepped between the two while clearing her throat, soothing the hostile atmosphere.

"Mistress Suscila, Princess Elaine, there is no need to be so hostile; it was just a little honest mistake, that's all." Said Nerthus softly with a slight smile, causing Suscila to huff and look away while Elaine grunted in annoyance before grabbing Elif's hand.

"Queen Nerthus is correct; it was a mistake on my part to stare. I apologize for my rude behavior." Remarked Suscila as she ignored Elaine before smiling at Elif, giving him a slight bow, though Elaine responded on his behalf.

"Hmph, since it's my Brother's birthday, I shall not pursue this matter any further, though it would be best not to make the same mistake again." Declared Elaine, snuggling against Elif while squinting her eyes at Suscila, who was currently glaring at her.

Before things could get out of hand again, I rubbed Elaine's head, which helped calm her down, though I saw Suscila take on an ugly expression, not that I really cared; I had only seduced her to learn more about her sister because I was interested, other than that she served no purpose to me, and her feelings were of little concern.

'Still, I dislike how she calls me by name without any honorifics; it's rather infuriating that such a low-bred mongrel constantly acts as if we are equals.' Thought Elif with a soft expression, which was a facade of his annoyance and irritation for Suscila.

"Anyways, if you don't mind me asking, what were you two speaking about, Queen Nerthus and Suscila?" Asked Elif curiously as he glanced between the two, one looking at Elaine in envy while the other looked at her in concealed wrath and frustration.

"Oh, nothing you'd find interesting, Prince Elif; it was just politics and whatnot. I know how you don't find that stuff interesting, so I shall spare you the conversation." Replied Nerthus lightly with a smile as she dismissively waved her hand, though her words caused Elaine to furrow her brows while eyeing her in suspicion.

"What about you all? With such a big group, you eight must've been heading somewhere, No?" Asked Suscila with a raised eyebrow as she folded her arms and did her best to ignore Elaine, who was snuggling in Elif's embrace.

"Yes, we were actually heading to the Elven Cuisine Pagoda, Mistress Suscila; the manager apparently has prepared a special dish for Prince Elif's birthday." Stated Birger respectfully, speaking in a much more reserved and formal tone than when conversing with Elif, or even Elaine for that matter.

"Elven Cuisine Pagoda? Sounds interesting; I'm sure you all won't mind if I tag along and join you?" Asked Suscila as she nodded before looking at the group, though given her status, she was only searching for Elif's approval on the matter while utterly ignoring Elaine.

"No." Stated Elaine bluntly while eyeing Suscila, whose face twitched at her response.

"Hehe, it's fine, Suscila, you're more than welcome to join; the more merrier, no? That includes you as well, Queen Nerthus; you're not too old to roam around with us younger generation, are you?" Stated Elif with a chuckle while kissing Elaine on the cheek as he glanced at Suscila before slyly smirking and looking at Nerthus, whose face twitched.

"Well, I wouldn't wish to intrude upon you all, but now that you've said that, I can't really refuse your request, can I?" Remarked Nerthus with a light smile as she locked arms with Birger while eyeing Elif, who chuckled in amusement.

"Haa, great, I'm going to be embarrassed, aren't I?" Muttered Birger in defeat as he looked to the ground and sighed, earning a light slap on the head from Nerthus, causing everyone watching to smirk.