Chapter 234: Parents & Children Alike

"Eh?" Said Elaine in surprise as she looked at Elif, who was gazing deeply into her silver eyes.

"You heard me, Elaine; I've let go of any inhibitions. I wish to become one with you tonight and make love with you until morning, no until morning of the next day." Stated Elif clearly as he started kissing Elaine's neck and collarbone while squeezing her butt that was pressed against his erect shaft.

"I-I-I need to go!" Yelled Elaine as she suddenly removed herself from Elif's lap and grabbed the silver tray, storing it in her dimension ring before dashing out with a troubled expression while Maxim followed right behind her.

Watching Elaine leave, I was so stunned by her response that I didn't even react until she had already left the room; appearing just outside the door, I saw her make a left down the hall, ignoring the greetings from the guests, who all gave her weird looks.

'What just happened?' Mused Elif in complete confusion as he rubbed his head while staring down the hallway Elaine had disappeared into.

Out of all the possible scenarios that ran through my mind of what would happen after I informed Elaine, the most likely outcome was of us becoming one right then and there, yet I never did think she would run away; the only positive I can take out of this was she didn't seem angry or upset. If anything, she looked surprised and a little troubled.

"Your Highness? Did you talk with Her Highness regarding that subject?" Asked Illumia in confusion as she glanced down the hall before looking at Elif, who wordlessly nodded.

"If that's so, why is Her Highness running away and not making love with you currently?" Added Illumia in even more confusion.

"Haa, I wish I knew the answer to your question as well, Illumia. I don't think I've ever been so confused in my life before today; this will definitely be a birthday to remember." Said Elif with a sigh as he rubbed and shook his head, feeling lost on what to do next.

I was tempted to follow after Elaine, but she had hidden herself in her room, so the likelihood of her responding to me was rather low; with that, I just decided to head to the dining hall as it was morning, so I was sure it would be filled with some people.

'Maybe I could ask Mother or Grandmother about what's wrong with Elaine; maybe it's a woman thing.' Mused Elif with a slight shake of his head as he closed the door behind him and headed toward the dining hall with a pondering expression.

Entering the dining hall, I saw tens of people sitting down, all from different backgrounds, conversing with each other; most were behaving with decorum, though there were a few unruly people, but even then, they didn't do anything out of line, they were just acting rather rough and more obscene. However, shortly after I entered, everyone, with the woman in front, walked and greeted me while congratulating me on my birthday, which I reciprocated with a slight smile as I was in a pretty good mood. Elaine wasn't angry with me; Mother and Father seemed to have gotten over something from their past, it was my birthday, and I'd be becoming one with Elaine tonight; what was there not to be happy about?

"Thank you as well, Kurama, and I must add, what lovely red tails you have." Said Elif with a soft smile as he boldly grabbed one of Kurama's nine tails while her fiancé watched from the side with a constantly twitching expression, though he stayed quiet.

"Prince E-Elif, touching my t-tails is something o-only my husband i-is allowed to do." Replied Kurama shyly with blushed cheeks as she looked at Elif, though she didn't move a muscle despite her words.

"Oh, is that so? Well, then, aren't I lucky?" Remarked Elif with a sensual smile as he continued stroking Kurama's tail with a raised eyebrow, though just when the fiancé was about to say something, two people suddenly appeared sitting at the front of the dining table.