Chapter 258: Elven Ball Cut Short!?

After giving Illumia that little speech about herself, I kissed her on the cheek, causing her to subtly blush; and if Elaine hadn't been present, I would've kissed her the lips, but the last time I kissed a woman beside herself, she got pretty upset; besides, not to mention we're before such an audience, it would be disrespectful to Elaine to do such a thing. However, it didn't look like it mattered much since, from the look on Elaine's face, she was already slightly annoyed with what I had down, causing me to wryly smile as I saw her glaring at Illumia.

'Eh, it should be fine; I'll make it up for her tonight while we indulge in our love for each other; hopefully, she won't mind too much.' Mused Elif as he fanned himself with his Quạt tay while looking at Elaine, who was glaring daggers at Illumia standing right beside him.

"Now then, I think you've overstayed your welcome up here, Illumia; Elaine seems a little annoyed that you've gotten the taste of my heavenly lips once more. However, do not fret; this is far from over. You may not taste anywhere as good as Elaine's, but your own taste is quite splendid, so you'll be getting some more kisses from me." Said Elif softly as he glanced at Illumia, whispering to her, using his Quạt tay to block the bottom half of his face, while Illumina's blissful expression suddenly vanished.

"H-Her Highness?" Muttered Illumia with an uneasy tone as she looked at Elaine, causing her to sport an unsightly expression when she noticed Elaine staring at her with her tainted silver eyes, with an unfathomable amount of killing intent hiding behind them.

"Yes, now leave you big-breasted maid; today is about me, not you." Remarked Elif with a nod as he glanced at Illumia before playfully slapping her butt, causing her to nod as she swiftly made her escape, causing him to raise an eyebrow before shaking his head and forgetting about it.

Once Illumia left, I saw Elaine's gaze following her, which caused me to sigh since she seemed more than a little annoyed; though I'll apologize to her in a second, I don't want her to be mad at Illumia when I was the one who initiated the kiss in the first place.

"Now, I know that wasn't exactly the speech you all were expecting, but I believed it was rightfully deserved; as marvelous as I am, I couldn't achieve my level of greatness without some assistance. Anyways, with the speech and the opening of the presents out of the way, it's time to commence the Elven Ball; if you all could stand up, please." Declared Elif, clearing his throat and grabbing the attention of everyone as he blew a kiss to Illumia while narcissistically smirking before slightly motioning everyone to stand with hands.

Once everyone stood up, I used my Qi to rearrange the dining room, the four long tables further away from the center, giving a much larger open floor while I left the circular table in the middle alone, though even without moving it, there was plenty of usable floor for everyone. Now, with the tables out of the way, I clapped my hands while floating off of the stage and heading toward the center table, causing the curtains behind me to rise, revealing a large band consisting of fifteen people, with each one using a different instrument; the person at the forefront was a Mermaid flying through the air.

Shortly after the band's appearance, the Mermaid opened her mouth and started singing in an incredibly heavenly voice; her voice reached the souls of everyone present, as the numerous guests quickly found a partner and started dancing with each other.

"Would you do me the honors and dance with me, Sarah?" Asked Birger with a faint smile as he stood up and slightly bowed while outstretching his arm toward Sarah, who glanced at Elif before taking it with a small smile and a nod.

"Well, it's been quite some time since we've danced; mind joining me?" Asked Patriarch Aasveig with a small smile as he grabbed Matriarch's hand while standing up, who softly chuckled while nodding.