Chapter 249: Curse?

While Elaine and the woman were conversing, Birger, Goliath, and I had our own conversation, one that we agreed to keep to ourselves, given how vulgar and obscene we were speaking, and while I'm not a lustful man like Birger, or even Goliath, who apparently has orgies regularly, that didn't mean I had no sexual desire at all. Then again, the only people who've ever stirred my arousal have been Elaine and Illumia, which isn't surprising; every single one of Elaine's actions fills me with love and lust, while Illumia is half Succubus.

'A little cheating if I'm being honest, Illumia has a natural advantage, though I do suppose Elaine is my little sister, so I guess it evens out.' Mused Elif a slight nod, sitting down while fanning himself as he glanced around, only to raise his eyebrow when he saw Maria, who was to his left.

"Hmm, why the long face, Mother? Did something happen?" Asked Elif curiously as he glanced at Maria, who was currently speaking to Illumia via divine sense while intensely frowning.

"Yes, something unfortunate has happened, but I can deal with it later; after all, it's your coming-of-age birthday, so this isn't a day I could afford to miss." Replied Maria with a troubled expression before lightly shaking her head as she reached forward and embraced Elif, whose face was forced directly into her bosom.

"That's good to hear, though; if possible, could you restrain yourself a little, Mother? I am technically a man now, and given our Royal Elven lineage, this could easily be mistaken for something else by our guests." Remarked Elif with a faint smile as he tried to remove himself from Maria's hug, though obviously, that proved useless and only made them look more ambiguous since his hand brushed across her chest before resting on her waist.

"Hmph, so what if you're a man? You're my son first and foremost, and I'll hug you if I so wish; you think just because you're a man, the time when I birthed and breastfed you suddenly doesn't apply?" Stated Maria overbearingly as she tightened her embrace, causing Elif to sigh before hugging her back.

"Haa, alright, Mother; I know better than to argue with you. Love you." Said Elif softly as he enjoyed the hug while Maria proudly smirked, though not before suddenly wincing when she saw Elaine standing off to the side, a slightly crazy glint appearing in her silver-black eyes.

'Haa, so the curse finally appears after seven generations; we'll need to inform them about it as soon as possible. Tch, fucking dragons!' Thought Maria with a sigh as she stared at the approaching Elaine before her eyes took on a furious glare while releasing Elif from the embrace.

Finally free from Mother's hug of death, I fixed my hair before looking up at her, only to see her looking rather pissed, and knowing Mother quite well, I opted to keep silent while turning to glance at what she had been staring at, yet I saw Elaine, confusing me as I titled my head. However, while looking at Elaine, I noticed her silver eyes had taken on a blackish tint, which greatly worried me as I stood up and approached her.

"Elaine, are you okay?" Asked Elif in worry as he stored his Quạt tay in his dimension ring while cupping Elaine's face in his hands and looking deeply into her eyes.

"Hmm, yes? I, in fact, feel quite wonderful." Replied Elaine with a lovely smile as she looked up at Elif while resting her hands atop his, though he didn't seem thoroughly convinced.

"Are you sure, Elaine? You're eyes...They've been tainted." Said Elif lightly as he summoned a small mirror from his dimension ring and handed it to Elaine, who observed herself.

"Eh, you're right; my eyes do seem to be tainted. That's weird." Muttered Elaine in slight surprise as she intently looked into her eyes, frowning before handing the mirror back to Elif.

"We should take you to Ms. Lynda so that she can examine you." Stated Elif as he grabbed Elaine's hand, intending to head to the royal doctor's office, only to stop when he felt a soft, yet powerful hand grab his shoulder, same with Elaine.