Chapter 253: Opening Presents

With the dimension rings from every present guest on the tray, except for the Divine Phoenix Clan, as we'd already agreed upon a present four years prior, everyone in the hall focused intently on numerous dimension rings as I reached forward, grabbing one from the bottom, which was from the Ancient Cloud Sect.

Scanning the contents of the ring with my divine sense, I had expected an ancient sect not to bring anything exceptional, though I was pleasantly surprised at what I saw; it wasn't something extraordinary, far from it, though it was something we didn't have a plentiful supply of it in the royal treasury, so it was welcomed.

'Hmm, a Void Crystal? That's unexpected, though this is a pretty decent present; Elaine has been using quite a few of these to further her understanding of the void, so I'm sure she'll be happy about this.' Mused Elif lightly with a slightly raised eyebrow as he looked at the rainbow crystal, which had lightning occasionally jutting out of it.

Void Crystals aren't anything miraculous; they are created within the void and are the core of a void storm; removing one means the void storm will dissipate; they are by no means hard to get, even I could get one, granted it would dangerous, and I would need to find a newly formed void storm. If one wants to get a more potent void crystal, one must wait for the void storm to strengthen, which will, in turn, purify and enhance the void crystal, and that comes at the cost of making it all the more dangerous.

The void crystal in this dimensions ring is about the size of me, which is considered decently large; only someone at Mother or Father's strength would be capable of acquiring one; granted, its purity isn't the best, from what I can tell, it's got about ninety-two percent purity, which isn't bad, but could be better.

"I very much appreciate the Void Crystal; this will be very handy for my sister's comprehension of the void in the future." Stated Elif with an amiable smile as he glanced at the cloud sect sitting far to the left, earning him a polite nod from the sect master and a toast from the sect's heir.

"You're welcome, Prince Elif." Said the heir to the sect with a large smile as he downed his cup of alcohol before looking at Elif.

Storing the dimension ring inside my own, I grabbed another one and scanned the contents, though just as I expected, the presents were rather mediocre; nothing special, nothing we weren't in need of, it was basic in my opinion, but, as it was from an Ancient hegemony, it was about as much as expected, so I wasn't disappointed or upset, just merely unimpressed. Thanking them for the present, I stored it in my ring before picking up a third one, yet just like the previous one, it was mediocre, and so was the fourth, fifth, and even sixth, though the seventh was a little interesting.

'Ho, a Dragons Reverse scale? We've got plenty of those, considering our relationship with them, but I'm rather surprised they were in possession of one.' Mused Elif with a raised eyebrow as he looked at the soft yet durable scale of a dragon before storing the dimension ring within his own.

"Quite an interesting gift, Eyeless Clan." Remarked Elif with a faint smirk as he glanced at a small group of people with similar approaches to humans, only they didn't have eyes.

"We're glad you'd find it as such." Said a young woman as she faced Elif with a slight blush while looking at him through her divine sense.

Although the Dragon's reverse scale was an interesting present, it wasn't all that impressive in the grand scheme of things. It mainly piqued my interest since I had just sorted through several mediocre presents, and speaking of mediocre, the next ten or so were rather boring. The eighteenth present was a little above average; the Worm Clan had gifted me silk made by their Queen, which was pretty good considering their kind made some of the softest silk in the OverRealm; there was enough to make a whole outfit so that was a welcome surprise.