Chapter 226: The Infamous Flirtatious Prince

"A-Anyways, Dear; I would love to spend some time with you, but m-my parents had asked me to do something, and it's kind of urgent; so sorry, but we'll have to part ways." Said Mada with a seemingly sad smile as he affectionately held Suscila's hand, causing her to look up at him while pouting.

"Must you go, my love? You can't stay for just an hour? For me, please?" Questioned Suscila with a depressed expression as she looked up at Mada, hoping he would change his mind upon seeing her, though that wasn't the case.

"I'm sorry, Dear, but it's very urgent. If I had known you were attending, I would've done it early and not wait until the last minute." Replied Mada with an equally sad smile while looking down at Suscila, though internally, he wanted to dance in joy that his plan was working.

"Haa, I understand, my love, it is unfortunate; however, when you finish, make sure you head directly to my room; we will spend the rest of the day together." Said Suscila with a sigh while giving an understanding nod as she and Mada's hands separated.

"I will try to finish as quickly as possible, but it will still take many hours. I shall see you later, Dear." Remarked Mada with a truly happy smile as he turned around, walking past Kar, who was glaring at him, before quickly turning down a hall, which he sprinted down.

"Yes, Yes, Yes!" Yelled Mada with tears of joy as he ran down the hallway, causing many servants to give him weird looks while Suscila lovingly looked at his fading figure.

"Look at me, dear go, crying tears of joy at my presence while running to finish whatever he must do just so he could spend more time with me; I love you too." Muttered Suscila with a beautiful smile as she placed her hand atop her beating heart while wiping a single tear.

Although I was sad to see my dear leave, it filled me with joy to see how much he loved me; shaking my head, I put my Dear to the back of my mind before shifting my focus back to the royal guard, slightly souring my ecstatic mood.

"Since I'm feeling wonderful, take me to Elif's room; I shall wait for him there." Ordered Suscila as she looked at Mandy, who wryly smiled, though nonetheless, she nodded before walking down the hallway Mada had first appeared from.

"Of course, young mistress Suscila, right this way." Said Mandy with a slight smile as she walked down seemingly identical hallways, but this time, the further they went, the less populated the halls became.

After walking for a few minutes, the royal guard stopped just before a tall door with various purple elven markings; the most prominent was the purple star symbol of the Elven Empire.

"Here we are, His Highness's royal chambers; Her Highness's royal chambers are just further down the hall." Remarked Mandy as she gestured to the purple door before glancing to the silver door further down.

Nodding in response, I watched how the royal guard didn't even bother knocking and instead boldly opened the door, causing me to raise an eyebrow as such a thing could result in one receiving heavy punishments in the Ocean Clan, but I didn't comment on it. Following her, we entered the gorgeous large room, and the first thing I noticed, despite it being slightly larger than mine, was that there was another person inside.

"Who is she?" Asked Suscila curiously as she sat down on a nearby sofa while gesturing at Illumia, who was calmly sitting on the opposite side of the room drinking tea.

"She is Empress Maria's only follower, Battle Maniac Illumia." Said Kar as he looked at Illumia with respect, and although almost unnoticeable, there were slight signs of nervousness.

"I haven't gone by that title in eons; your information is a little outdated. I'm Illumia, Prince Elif's personal attendant and sparing instructor; a pleasure to make your acquaintance again." Said Illumia with a slight smirk before shaking her head and setting down her tea while looking at Kar, Oscar, and finally Suscila.