Chapter 257: Prince Elif's Benefactor

Grabbing Mother and Father's dimension ring from the tray, Illumia grabbed the lid and closed it before pushing it off the stage while I held the ring in my hand, scanning the insides with my divine sense; searching through the dimension ring, I quickly found what I was looking for, yet what I saw confused me more than astonished me. I was still very much astonished at what I saw, but I was far more confused as I couldn't believe I was actually seeing this.

Sitting within the vast empty whiteness of the dimension was a singular floating light blue ball of Qi that was radiating life; well, not entirely; there was a soul, but at the same time, it didn't exist; it was slightly hard to explain. However, I didn't need to fully understand since I knew exactly what I was looking at: a species that was thought to be extinct long ago because of everyone's greed.

'A Wisp.' Thought Elif in complete astonishment as he gazed at the small yet incredibly dense ball of floating Qi.

I could hardly believe my eyes that I was staring at a genuine Wisp, a race of supposedly extinct creatures, yet it was right there before my very eyes. Not only that, the Qi radiating off of it was far more potent than I've ever sensed before in my life; I didn't believe for a second it was stronger than the likes of Progenitor Lourdes, but it was emanating far more Qi that she's ever displayed before me. In fact, it was too much, as the way I am right now, I couldn't even properly use the Qi; this has more than enough Qi to get me to become a True God, and I won't even use the smallest fraction of Qi at its disposal.

The fact that a Wisp was living was more than enough of a shock, but adding on top of the sheer amount of Qi it has was mind-boggling since that means it's been alive for a long, long time, older than the current epoch, the Harmonious Epoch. However, despite how much of a treasure this Wisp was, I was on the fence about whether I should even use it; a wisp is believed to be extinct and hasn't appeared ever since the Chaotic Epoch, which was the previous epoch, and while that may not sound long, the current epoch, has been ongoing longer than every other epoch combined, multiplied by seven.

This Wisp could very well be the last one in all of reality, and if that's the case, I wouldn't wish to be the one to make an entire species go extinct; I may view everyone else as mere ants beneath my feet, but I rarely go out of my way to purposely kill them, of course, unless they anger me first which is a rarity in itself, though I digress.

Retracting my divine sense from the dimension ring, I looked up at Mother and Father, who were both intently looking at me, waiting for me to praise their gift, and I couldn't lie; this was an amazing gift, though I just didn't know if I wanted it.

"Mother, Father, this is a spectacular gift, but I don't quite know if it's right for me to take it." Said Elif lightly with a complicated expression, his words surprising everyone else while Maria and Marcus were slightly taken aback.

"Hmm, what do you mean, Son?" Asked Maria with furrowed brows as she ignored the murmurs while looking between Elif and the dimension ring.

"If this is truly the last one, Mother, I don't want to put the final nail in the coffin, so to speak." Replied Elif lightly as he looked at the dimension ring within his hand before shaking his head while speaking in a slightly cryptic tone, which Maria and Marcus understood.

"We understand what you mean, but keep it for now, Elif; we shall discuss later, as now isn't really the best time." Said Marcus as he rubbed his chin while nodding, prompting Elif to store the dimension ring within his own and also nod.

"Sorry about that, everyone; the present my parents gifted me was just that extraordinary, that's all. Anyhow, I'd like to graciously thank everyone once more for the splendid gifts; they were miraculous, and I truly appreciate them." Remarked Elif with a charming smile as he cleared his throat and looked at everyone, causing them to all nod, while Goliath down a barrel of alcohol before yelling.