Chapter 209: Illumia in Trouble!?

"Hmm, right now?" Asked Elif with a raised eyebrow, following Maria and Marcus as they walked towards the entrance of the throne room, passing Illumia and the kneeling Marley and Idonea.

"Yes, we don't exactly have a lot of time to acquire your present; if we wait too long, it may be gone by the time we arrive, and that'll be infuriating, to say the least, so it's best to leave right away." Said Marcus, trying to reveal as little detail as possible, though Elif could still glean a few things.

'Hmm, not much to go off of, but it's obviously outside our territory and probably decently far away if Mother and Father are required to leave immediately, not to mention probably very valuable if they are worried about other people possibly taking it.' Pondered Elif with a thoughtful expression as Maria and Marcus stopped right before the throne room doors, prompting him to halt as well.

"Do you have any idea how long you two will be absent for?" Asked Elif curiously as he fanned himself with his Quạt tay while glancing at the two.

"Well, whether we manage to acquire your present or not, we'll still return for your birthday celebration, so a month of absence at most; however, if everything goes as planned, which, knowing Maria, most likely won't, we should return within two weeks." Replied Marcus while thoughtfully tapping his chin, eliciting a huff of annoyance from Maria before opening his eyes.

Nodding at Father, I stood beside them as they did a little inspection of their dimension rings, probably making sure they had the required gear since it sounded like the place they were going could be dangerous. Well, the entire OverRealm is dangerous, but for people like Mother and Father, as long they don't antagonize an Ancient, Divine, or Immortal Hegemony, their safety is practically guaranteed; encountering a powerful independent cultivator would just be unfortunate luck.

"Ready, Dear?" Asked Marcus as he glanced at Maria, who nodded in response and, with a snap of her fingers, followed by a bright light that blinded everyone for a split second, their attire changed.

"What do you think, Elif? Do we look like you're average cultivators?" Asked Maria curiously, wearing slightly rough and baggy clothes, a big contrast compared to her usual regal-like attire.

"You definitely look much different, Mother, but still, those clothes don't do much in concealing your beauty. Father, on the other hand, I feel like not much has changed with you." Remarked Elif as he observed Maria, appreciating her beauty, before glancing at Marcus with an uninterested look, causing Maria to chuckle while Marcus's expression twitched in annoyance.

"Hehe, well, anyways, dear, we'll be leaving; I doubt I need to tell you this, but behave yourself. Also, just because we're absent doesn't mean you and Elaine can get sexually intimate; I don't wish to come home to find out that my daughter has already lost her virginity." Stated Maria seriously as he pointed at Elif's nose, though everyone present heard her echoing voice because of how large the throne room was.

"Tch, you're overthinking, Mother; Elaine and I haven't gone anywhere near that far yet!" Said Elif in annoyance and embarrassment while concealing his blush with his Quạt tay.

"I'm just reminding you, Elif; now then, give your Mother a kiss before we leave." Remarked Maria lightly with a nod as she retracted her hand before closing her eyes and leaning forward, prompting a grumbling Elif to kiss her cheek.

"Hmph, I wouldn't mind if you stayed absent for a little longer." Muttered Elif in slight annoyance as he looked at Maria, who merely smirked before suddenly vanishing from the room.

"Heh, I would say otherwise about you and Elaine, considering Maria and I did it rather young, but you know how your Mother can be; better to listen to her words lest we both end up punished." Said Marcus with a soft chuckle as he patted Elif's shoulder, though his words caused Elif to frown at the thought of Maria and Marcus getting intimate.