Chapter 205: Immortal's Will

"Understandable, but having been born with the Immortal Will, you were destined to one day awaken it; best it is under our own circumstances, no?" Said Lourdes with a slight smile and a gentle nod as she took a sip from the teacup before placing it on the table.

"I suppose." Replied Elif lightly as he fanned himself with his Quạt tay and approached the table before sitting in the only open seat opposite Lourdes.

"Hmm, I see you've got a good taste for accessories." Remarked Lourdes as she glanced at Elif's purple and black Quạt tay with a golden handle.

"Well, I did take inspiration from someone, after all." Said Elif with a slight smirk while glancing at Lourdes, who nodded in response.

"So, Progenitor Lourdes, as delightful I am to speak with, I don't think you wished to see me just so we could have a casual chat; then again, it would be understandable if that were the case. After all, I'm just that marvelous." Added Elif with a serious expression that quickly morphed into a narcissistic one as he flicked his long hair behind his ears.

"Even in my presence, you're still so narcissistic; I don't know whether to be annoyed or impressed. However, yes, I didn't summon you just so I could chat with my descendant; if I so wished, I would just do what I've done the previous two times. As I'm sure you've already deduced, the reason is to inform you about the Immortal Will you have." Replied Lourdes with a raised eyebrow before softly shaking her head and turning more dignified.

"Seeing as it has a name, and you seem to have it as well, it must not be nearly as rare as I thought." Remarked Elif solemnly, though, to his surprise, Lourdes had shaken her head.

"You're wrong, my descendant; it is, in fact, even rarer than you give it credit for. It also doesn't have a proper name; it can go by several different names, such as Heaven's Will, Dao Heart's Intent, and Spiritual Intent. Those are just a few of the more common names, but I prefer using the term Immortal Will, as I believe one is required to be in possession of it if they ever wish to ascend and become a True Immortal." Declared Lourdes lightly as she stood up and slowly walked around, looking like a Master speaking to their disciple.

"For you to believe that Progenitor Lourdes, you must be close to becoming a True Immortal, as I doubt you'd say that unless you've got some kind of evidence to support such a claim." Said Elif with a raised eyebrow as his eyes followed Lourdes's lithe figure walking through the small cottage.

"Hmm, you could say so; among every living being within this reality, I'm the closest to becoming a True Immortal. Then again, my words don't amount to much as I haven't made any progress in so long; I've been stuck in the same cultivation base for the entirety of the Harmonious Epoch. It's very irritating, but there isn't much I can do about it, as I'm the sole one at fault for my lack of progress." Stated Lourdes with a slight frown as she stopped walking for a few moments before continuing, though her words slightly surprised Elif.

"So, I'm currently speaking with the strongest being in existence? I wonder who's more lucky? Progenitor Lourdes or myself?" Muttered Elif softly with widened eyes, his narcissistic expression emerging once more.

"Focus, my Descendant." Said Lourdes as she smacked Elif in the back of his head, using her profound cultivation base to suppress most of his emotions; the only one that remained was his pride.

"Anyways, before we got off track about Immortal Will. people born with it are always destined to cause monumental waves to happen throughout the OverRealm and possibly beyond. While it may not seem like too much, considering people could just kill them before they get too strong, nipping the problem in the bud, to this day, such an occurrence has never happened." Stated Lourdes as she turned around and eyed Elif, who was looking back at her with an expression of extreme pride.