Chapter 22: Operation Briefing

The group of 22 gathered in the conference room for operation briefing. Chan stood at the head of the table. I.N and Han took their places at the computers. When everyone had settled and quietened down, Chan began speaking.

"This operation will be in our books as one of the largest and more complicated operations, so pay attention. As I discussed with Hongjoong and Yeji, we've unintentionally stumbled into a sex trafficking ring."

Chan paused and looked at Lily. "I'm sorry, babygirl, but they have to know everything."

She smiled and nodded, signaling that she understood.

"As most of you know, we hire a trained sub to stay with us when SKZ is on hiatus. JYP has always handled the contracts, so as before, we entrusted him with the process. We discovered the night after her arrival that she was not hired. She had been kidnapped."

I.N clicked a few times and displayed an American map on the wall moniter.

Chan continued as he pointed to the location on the map. "She was taken from a truckstop next to the cafe she worked at, here in Atlanta, Georgia. Fortunately, we have access to security feeds at JYP headquarters, so we were able to tap into them."

Han moved his mouse and clicked a few times, and displayed the security footage they had pulled.

"We have footage of the entire exchange, and we immediately identified IKON'S leader, Kim JinHwan."

Lily's blood ran cold. She was unaware of the footage, and now it was being displayed for everyone to see. She dropped her eyes from the screen as tears began to form. Hyunjin, who was sitting next to her, pulled her to him and wrapped his arm around her. She sat quietly as Chan brought them up to date on the information they had collected. A swarm of thoughts and emotions overwhelmed her.

"Now that you have the details, let's talk about the mission." Chan stated, bringing Lily back from her thoughts.

A blueprint and an aerial view of IKON's property appeared on the monitor.

"Tomorrow night, they will be arriving from Georgia with two captives. We'll be arriving on scene as their plane is landing. Seungmin and Lily will stay here to run comms and surveillance. Once we're on scene, I.N will hack their systems and transmit back here. While that is happening, snipers will take their positions around the perimeter in the tree line. Hyunjin, you take the main entrance, south. Lia, north. Hongjoong, east. Yuna, west. Wooyoung, I want you at the northeast corner. Yeji, take the northwest. Leeknow, southeast. I'll take the southwest. Everyone else, you'll be scattered in the tree line with snipers until I order to move in. Once IKON arrives, I want to give them time to get inside. That gives us the element of surprise. We do not move until Lily confirms that the captives are in their cells. I don't want them in the crossfire. When we get the all clear from Lily, Han will kill their power. We're operating in the dark, so make sure you have night vision equipment. As soon as they're blind, wave 1 moves in for capture and kill. Seonghwa, Yunho, and Yeosang will breach from south at the main entrance. San, Minji and Jongho will breach from the north. Once you meet in the middle, you will signal us to begin wave 2. Wooyoung, Yeji, Leeknow, and I will move from our positions and bring the vans to the south gate. Changbin, Felix, Ryujin and Chaeryeong; you four are responsible for search and rescue. Locate the girls and get them to the vans. Men, pay attention. I do not want any of you near those girls without a female present. They are going to be terrified enough, we want to make sure they are as comfortable as possible in oir care. I.N and Han, you're entering north at the back entrance. You're responsible for retrieving files, hard drives, and anything else we can use to bring down the operation completely. When they have what they need, Han will plant the detonation device, then we have two minutes to clear out. I know this is a lot, but Seungmin will be passing out files detailing this mission. I want you all to study it. We can't afford to fuck this up. Does anyone have any questions before we start training exercises?"

Everyone shook their heads so Chan concluded. "Alright, I have complete confidence in you all. Thank you again, Ateez and ITZY for assisting us. Everyone knows what to do so  you're dismissed. Fighting!"

Everyone echoed Chan's chant and exited to begin training exercises and equipment preparation.

***

Lily had been able to keep her composure throughout the day. Despite the fear that churned inside her, she kept her full focus on mission preparations. She and Seungmin checked comms equipment and any other electronics they may need. Seungmin had taught her what she needed to know about their current task, and she flawlessly and effortlessly checked each device while casually conversing. "Minnie, how many missions have yall done?"

Without breaking his focus, he replied. "At least 150 missions in the six years that we've been together."

She was silent for a moment, then asked, "Have any of you been seriously hurt?"

Seungmin could sense the fear in her tone so he stopped what he was doing and lifted her chin so that he could look into her eyes. "I know you're scared, beautiful, but please, try not to worry. We're all good at what we do. They're going to be fine."