Chapter 134: Amazed

Lily stared silently out the window as they drove home. Chan glanced at her before placing his hand on her thigh. "I'm amazed by you, you know that?"

Lily looked over at him and smiled. "So you keep saying- but why this time?" She said with a slight giggle.

"You know our history with her, yet you showed her such compassion. Other women in your position wouldn't have." Chan replied as he glanced between her and the road.

"Yea, that was impressive, princess. I think I may have fallen in love with you all over again." Changbin added.

Lily smiled and shook her head. "Do you think she'll be ok?"

Chan nodded and replied, "She will be, thanks to you. Lisa said it'll take a few days to get everything situated for her. They'll make sure she's taken care of. They've rescued so many at this point that they could do it with their eyes closed."

Lily nodded and smiled. "Good. I kinda got attached to her. Is that weird?"

The six men who were in the van chuckled as I.N replied, "Yea, kinda. Considering she's the former sub of your fiancés. How are you so-"

"Do you see that?" Lily asked as she held up her hand, showing her engagement ring. "That's on my finger for a reason. Yall chose me. I'm your future wife. I'm the mother of your child. As I said before. You had lives before me, and she's a part of it. You've been straightforward and honest with everything, and you've never given me a reason to doubt your loyalty. And whether you admit it or not, I know every single one of you care about her wellbeing. She needed us. You're lucky I didn't demand that she come home with us."

She paused and twisted in her seat, glancing behind her. "I'm curious how yall managed to hide the whole mafia thing from her, though."

Felix let out a quick breathy chuckle. "Strategic planning, maneuvering, and the 'no talking' rule."

Lily smiled and rolled her eyes as she turned back to look out the window. "So are we handling this ourselves, or are we leaving it to Uncle J?"

Chan thought for a moment, then replied, "I think it's better if JK handles it, but what's your opinion?"

"You won't agree to it, so I don't think there's a need to even suggest it." She answered with a hint of disappointment. "Even if you did agree, I think it may be too risky considering we don't know any more than we do."

"Tell us your thoughts, and we'll figure it out." Chan said as he took her hand and kissed her knuckles.

She glanced at him and smiled as she replied. "We bait him. Go to the cafe and eat like we normally would. Lead him into an ambush."

"We have his address. Why not take him from there?" Han asked.

She turned around to face him. "Dae said she heard him say that he'd follow, attack, and take me. I seriously doubt he'd attack without backup. If we capture him from his home, it's more than likely just him. If we bait him, chances are we draw out more. And the more threats we eliminate, the better."

Chan stayed silent as he thought about her suggestion. Han arched his brows and replied, "We could actually lead him to Uncle J's old warehouse."

"I'll call him when we get home and set up a meeting for tomorrow." Chan replied as he propped his elbow against the window and rested the back of his fingers against his lips.

She nodded in agreement before staring back out the window. "Regardless of who captures him, I will have my turn with him. I promised Dae he'd pay and I fucking meant it."

*

JK: Channie boy. How the hell are ya?

CHAN: I'm ok. Listen- we stumbled across a new lead. I was hoping to set up a meeting for tomorrow to discuss it.

JK: Let's see- 1pm sound ok?

CHAN: Sounds good.

JK: Wanna give me a brief rundown?

CHAN: There's a cafe at the mall that Lily loves. She and some of the others went the other day. Turns out, the cashier on morning shift was a formal sub- Dae.

JK: Oh hell, how did Sparky take it?

CHAN: Completely unbothered. In fact, you should've seen how she treated her today. They'd probably be best friends if given the opportunity.

JK: That girl is a sight. You boys got yourselves a good one.

CHAN: No argument there. Anyway- after they left the cafe, Dae overheard her dom, who is the manager of the cafe, on the phone. He was discussing what to do if we came back in. Apparently, there was a follow, attack, and capture plan.

JK: Are we sure she's not part of it?

CHAN: We're certain. She's been badly abused and assaulted by this man. She informed us of a tracking implant, which we removed. Seungmin treated her as best he could and Blackpink picked her up about an hour ago.

JK: Fuck. I assume she gave names?

CHAN: Yea, we have several names of those she thinks may be involved as well as- hold on one second.

JK: Sure

CHAN: Ok. Lily just thought of something- Bobby ran the cafe that Lily worked at before she was taken. She thinks this could possibly be part of the same ring. She wants a full investigation of the cafe.

JK: Tell Sparky I said hi. She may be right. We'll lay it all out tomorrow. She doing OK?

CHAN: Yea, she's doing great. We'll see you tomorrow. Thanks, J

JK: Don't mention it. We'll see you tomorrow.