Chapter 59: Crave

"Fucking hell." Chan growled under is breath, staring at the red digital numbers glowing back at him. He threw his blanket off of him, stumbled out of bed, and put his shorts on. It was after 3am, and he had given up on sleeping, so he decided to relieve his stress by sparing with the punching bag.

As he walked the path downstairs to the fitness room, the same words that kept him awake invaded his mind. 'Your presence is punishment enough.' He grew even more angry with himself each time he replayed his and Lily's argument in his mind.

As soon as the door leading to the downstairs headquarters opened, he saw Lily standing at one of the computers, hunched over, typing.
Chan stayed at the door for a few minutes watching her. She had her earbuds in, bobbing her head as she typed a few things, then sidestepped to thumb through files, then went back to the computer.

When she turned around to check something on the computer behind her, she saw him out of the corner of her eye. She locked eyes with him and removed her earbuds.

"I'm sorry, I'll go." Chan sighed as he turned toward the hall leading to the fitness room.

"Wait." Lily quickly instructed, making him pause and look back at her.

"A-are you still mad?" She asked nervously as she tucked a few loose hairs behind her ears.

He took a deep breath and walked toward her. "Come here, babygirl." He said as he stretched out his arms, inviting her into his embrace. "I'm so sorry for speaking to you the way I did." He said as their arms wrapped around each other.

She rested her head on his chest and inhaled, taking in his scent. "I'm sorry too, Channie." She whispered, trying to fight back her tears.

Chan pulled back and used both hands to brush her hair behind her ears before resting his hands in place on either side of her face. He gazed into her glistening eyes and said, "You have absolutely nothing to apologize for. I was a complete ass and you were doing what you do best. Standing up for yourself."

She blinked a tear from her eye and shook her head in shame. "Baby, I didn't mean what I said- about that whole punishment thi-"

Chan brought her against him and kissed the top of her head. "Shhh, I know. Whether you did or didn't, I deserved it."

After a few minutes of comfortable silence as they held each other, Chan asked, "Why aren't you asleep?"

"Probably the same reason you aren't." She replied teasingly. "I didn't want to wake Seungmin up, so I came down here to work on mission plans. Thank you for changing your mind, by the way." She added, peeking up at him.

"You're welcome, babygirl. I know you're strong enough to handle this. What do you have so far?" Chan replied as he released his grasp.

Lily turned and led him to the computer station as she informed, "Well, I pulled all the files we have on Bobby and did some digging into government databases and found his brother." After a few mouse clicks, a file appeares on the screen. "Kim JunSeo. He lived in the states under the name, Brian. He was arrested a week before the raid on IKON'S stateside operation and served four months for domestic violence."

He listened intently as she explained what she had discovered. He equally paid attention to her demeanor. He could sense fear, yet it was strongly overshadowed by her determination.

"I can't find anything linking him to IKON other than being Bobby's broth-"

"Lily." Chan softly interrupted. She immediately paused and looked back at him. "Lily, you're incredible, I hope you know that."

Her face blushed as she shyly smiled and looked away. He reached over and cupped her chin, gently pulling her gaze back to him. "I'm serious. Your resilience is what attracted me to you from the beginning. Your forgiveness, your strength. Your ability to do anything. Your unconditional love and devotion. The sparkle in your eyes- everything about you continues to make me fall more in love with you."

He chuckled and shook his head in amazement. "You- God, Lily, I crave you. Every second of every day, I crave you. I crave the feel of your skin against mine." He passionately pulled her into him, and wrapped one hand around her waist. His eyes followed the path that his fingers made as he caressed her skin.

His soft spoken words waltzed through her ears and danced around her heart as he continued. "I crave your beautiful voice. I crave your infectious laugh. I crave the taste of these perfect lips." He whispered, grazing his thumb across them as he closed the distance between them.

"I crave your breathtakingly beautiful body-" He gently gripped her waist, under the hem of her shirt as his slightly parted lips pressed against the base of her neck. The tip of his tongue caressed her skin as he trailed passionate kisses up her neck, stopping at her ear. "Let me show you how much I crave you." He whispered into her ear sending a wave of goosebumps flooding her body.

A soft moan escaped her lips as his hand slithered from her waist, up her ribcage and rested just under her breast. He looked into her eyes filled with passion and desire as his lips met hers. Lost in the heat of the moment as their lips danced together in a rhythmic waltz, she barely noticed that he had lifted her and carried her out of the room, not allowing their lips to separate as he entered the grey room.