Chapter 89: Is She Ok

"You want another one, sweet girl?" Leeknow asked as Lily scraped the remnants of the ice cream from the bowl.

She snapped her head up with a delighted expression and rapidly nodded. "Please! I want mint chocolate chip this time."

He let out an airy laugh as he nodded. "Come on." He replied, reaching for her hand.

Her child like reactions were deep contrast to her mild rage only an hour earlier. When they entered the line, he stepped up behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist, and rested his chin on her shoulder. She relaxed into him as he swayed them from side to side.

"Do you think they're mad at me?" Lily suddenly asked in a tone barely above a whisper.

He kissed her neck and rested his lips against her skin as he replied, "You know they're not, sweet girl. They're probably more worried than anything."

"I think- can we stop swaying? It's making me lightheaded again." She mumbled as she stiffened her body to restrict further movement.

He gently tightened his grasp around her waist and replied, "Baby, please don't be mad at me- but I need to take you home. I think you really do need to rest."

Without hesitation, Lily nodded. "I was about to say I think we need to leave. I'm not feeling well."

Suddenly feeling worried, Leeknow guided her out of the line toward the exit. "Let's go, baby. Do you want me to carry you?"

Lily lightly shook her head. "No, I can walk. Fuck my head is pounding again." She hissed, grabbing her head.

When they settled into the car, he pulled out his phone. "Baby, Seungmin needs to know. Do you want to call him or-"

"Just drive. I'll text him." She weakly replied, pulling out her own phone.

She wedged her phone under her thigh and leaned her seat back, closing her eyes

She wedged her phone under her thigh and leaned her seat back, closing her eyes. "He said he thinks it's the flu."

Leeknow stretched his arm out and lightly caressed her face. "I'm sorry, Kitten. Are you warm enough?"

When she didn't respond, he looked over to see that she had already fallen asleep. He flashed a sad smile as he softly picked up her hand and brought it his lips.

***

Leeknow gently lifted her out of the car and carefully walked toward the door leading into the kitchen from the garage. Before he could reach for the handle, the door swung open.

Chan's eyes widened when he saw her limp body draped over Leeknow's arms. "Is she ok?" He asked with slight panic in his voice as he stepped to the side, making room for them to enter.

"I think so. She fell asleep about 15 minutes ago." Leeknow whispered.

When he passed by the living room, Hyunjin, I.N, and Han immediately stood to their feet with concern flooding their faces. Changbin, who was coming down the stairs, immediately stopped. "Seungmin and Felix are in her room." He whispered as he cradled her head in his hand and kissed her forehead.

Leeknow nodded and made his way up the stairs. Seungmin met them in the hall outside her door and sighed. "Put her in bed. I don't want to wake her up if we can help it."

Leeknow lowered her into the bed, and brushed her hair out of her face as Felix removed her shoes.

"Let me check her." Seungmin said to Leeknow, tapping his shoulder to signal him to step back. He placed his hand on her forehead and whispered, "Well, if she had a fever, it's gone. Was there any symptoms other than lightheaded and headache?"

"She was really pale and sweaty but she never felt feverish to me." Leeknow replied as he watched Seungmin feel around her neck for swollen lymph nodes.

"Ok. I'll check her more when she wakes up. Right now, just let her sleep." Seungmin stated as he pulled the blanket over her and kissed her head.

"I'm gonna stay with her. I'll let you know when she wakes up." Leeknow replied as he removed his jacket.

"I'll drain the bath water. I'm staying too." Felix insisted as he walked toward the bathroom.

Seungmin nodded and quietly exited the room. Leeknow gently positioned himself beside Lily and draped his arm across her waist. Felix came out of the bathroom and laid on the other side of her, leaving enough of a gap to watch her as she slept.

*** Downstairs ***

"So you think it's the flu?" Hyunjin asked Seungmin as he threw himself back on the the couch.

"I'm pretty sure it is. The only thing throwing me off is lack of fever. Leeknow said she never felt warm to him, yet she described symptoms of a fever." He replied as the five others who were gathered in the room listened carefully. "It could just be a migraine or stress but I won't know for sure until she wakes up."

"I don't like her being sick. I feel helpless." Han pouted as he picked at his fingernail.

"I know, but she'll be ok." Chan replied. "I.N, go ahead and order takeout. She's gonna need to eat when she wakes up."

Seungmin nodded and added, "Get her chicken soup or-"

His instructions were interrupted by Chan's ringing phone. "It's JK."
He informed the others just before answering the call and placing it on speaker.

Chan: Hello?

JK: Channie Boy! Can you bring your team here tomorrow at say- 1:30?

Chan: Well, Lily is sick, but most of us can be there.

JK: Sparky's sick? Is she ok?

Chan: Yes, she'll be fine. We believe she has the flu. Is everything ok?

JK: I have files and reports that Sparky requested, as well as new information regarding individuals involved in forging documents.

Chan: Forged documents? Meaning the coroner's report?

JK: Among others. It's better to discuss in person, but know that my men are already taking act-

Chan: Is Brian alive?

JK: We're still working on those details. We'll discuss more in depth tomorrow. Take care of Sparky and tell my Little Quokka hello for me.

Chan: I will. Thank you. See you tomorrow.

"Fuck." Chan hissed through gritted teeth as he threw the phone on the couch.