Chapter 153: Because of Me

*That Night*

*That Night*

An alert sounded from the phones of the seven members who were scattered throughout the living room, signaling that someone had just entered the clearance code at the entrance of the bridge.

The men furrowed their brows in confusion. They knew that Tablo was bringing Dae over to deliver the cheesecakes, but neither of them had personal clearance. The only people who had clearance outside of the nine of them would never use it without permission unless it was an emergency.

"Who the fuck!" Leeknow shouted as he lunged forward from his relaxed position on the couch.

"Seungmin- find out whose code was entered." Chan immediately instructed.

Seungmin, who was pulling up the information, replied, "Already on it- one second."

He let out a sigh of relief and brushed his hand threw his hair. "It was JK. I guess he decided to tag along."

Though relieved, they were still confused by the unannounced visit.

"I'll let Hyunjin and Lily know they're here." Felix said as he raised from the couch.

"No. Wait." Seungmin quickly interjected. "I wanna know why JK is here, first. If it's Kwon related, I would hate for her to see me beat the fuck out of him."

Han spoke up to his uncle's defense. "While I agree and would be the first to join- I seriously doubt he'd come here for that knowing what's going on."

The men waited for a few minutes, until finally, the alert sounded for the second clearance gate.

Chan made his way to the door and opened it just as JK, Tablo, and Dae stepped onto the porch. "Welcome." He said as he stepped to the side, allowing them to enter. "JK- wasn't expecting you. To what do I owe the pleasure?" He added as he shook his hand.

JK pursed his lips. "Sorry to come unannounced. I was hoping to talk to Sparky- nothing about work. Just wanted to check on her."

Chan closed the door as he nodded. "Sure-" He said with uncertainty laced in his understanding tone. "She's in the nursery with Hyunjin. Upstairs- fouth door on the left."

He nodded as he patted Chan on the back. "Got it. Thanks, Channie Boy."

Chan turned to Tablo and Dae. "Good to see you both. Here-" He said as he took the stack of cheesecakes from Tablo. "I'll take these. The others are in the living room. Make yourselves at home."

***In the Nursery***

Lily dipped the brush into the gold paint and carefully traced the decorative molding she had added to accent the walls.

Hyunjin was propped against the wall, painting a cute design on canvas to frame and hang next to the window. "I'm almost done with this one. You're wanting two more?" He questioned as he peeked up at her.