Chapter 53: Hey You

Hyunjin sat comfortably silent as he watched Lily. Her facial expressions changed consistently as she wrote, instinctively matching the thoughts she expressed in her journal.

An adoring smile stretched across her face as she danced her pen across the page. "Hey you! What has you smiling so big, my angel?"

She peeked up from her journal and, without hesitation, said, "You." She reached for the bottle of wine and took a drink before continuing her writing.

Not wanting to distract her and not wanting to invade privacy, he simply smiled and gazed at her. After a while, she closed her journal, put her sweater on, and pulled her hair back.
She pulled her knees to her chest and rested her head on top of them as she watched the waves crashing against the shoreline.

Hyunjin studied her for a few moments before asking, "Are you ok, angel?"

She glanced back at him and flashed a tired smirk. "Yea, I'm ok. I'm more than ok. But I'm definitely not ready to leave the ocean behind." She replied before taking another drink.

Hyunjin chuckled, "We'll be back as often as possible. I like the way the ocean looks with you in front of it." He added with a flirtatious wink.

She shook her head and smiled, then looked back to the ocean. "Can I ask you something?"

"Of course, my angel." He replied softly.

While watching the waves roll in, she asked, "Why me? You all could have any girl you wanted, but-"

Hyunjin furrowed his brows. Before he could speak, she asked, "Like, how many other subs have you had?" She turned her gaze back to him, waiting for his response.

Hesitantly, he responded, "I- baby, why are you asking me this?"

She smiled softly and said, "Just humor me. Don't worry, I'll not gonna get mad."

Not wanting to answer the question, he let out an exasperated sigh before replying, "First, don't say 'other subs.' That classifies you with them, and what you are is completely different- but to answer your question, we've had four. Each was contracted for a year."

Unphased by his answer, she added, "And I'm going to assume they were all gorgeous. Perfect shaped bodies, perfectly obedient-"

"Lily, where is this going?" Hyunjin asked, uncomfortable with the subject.

"I'm a basic, stubborn, childish girl who has stretch marks, and I wear oversized hoodies and sweatpants or leggings, I am not-"

Hyunjin stood and grabbed Lily's hands, lifting her from her position as he interrupted her, "-Stop. Lily, 'basic' is not a part of your description." A strand of hair had fallen in her face. Her grazed his fingertips across her skin, pushing the hair behind her ear.

"I have never seen anyone as absolutely fascinating and mysterious as you." He cupped her cheeks and gazed into eyes. He chuckled as he continued, "Yes, you are very argumentative and stubborn, but that just means you're not afraid to stand up for what you believe in. You're childish, but that's one of our favorite qualities about you." He pressed his lips against hers before continuing with a loving and adoring smile. "We know every stretch mark, scar, freckle, mole, and hair on your perfect body. And believe me when I say you are absolutely the most beautiful woman in existence. And you're the most beautiful when you're comfortable in your oversized clothes." He wrapped his arms tightly around her, bringing her to his chest. "I can't explain why or how you you made us fall in love with you, but we did. We belong to you, angel. For as long as you'll allow us to love you, we belong to you."

She peeked up at him with her glistening eyes. "Even if it's forever?" she teased.

He nodded dramatically and laughed as he replied, "Especially if it's forever, my angel."

She nuzzled her head into his chest and wrapped her arms around his waist. Suddenly, they heard splashing from the ocean. They looked over in enough time to see a dolphin's tail disappear into the water. She gasped with excitement and squatted so she could get a better view.

She was focused on the water when a flash illuminated behind her. "How many more pictures are you going to take of me, sir?" She snapped playfully.

"As many as I damn well please. I thought we discussed this already?" He smuggly replied, narrowing his eyes at her.

She stood to her feet and spun to face him. "I love y-" her sentiment was interrupted by her sudden yawn.

"I love you too, my angel. Are you ready to go back?" He responded with a chuckle as he held his hand out for hers.

She nodded as she picked up her bag and asked with a child like tone, "Will you carry me? Everything is starting to hurt."

"My poor baby." He pouted as he took the bag and scooped her up bridal style.

She buried her head into his shoulder and closed her eyes. Intoxicated by his scent, and soothed by the gently swaying of his steps, she drifted off to sleep as he softly sang the words, "Hey you, yes you. How did you make me fall in love with you-"