Panini

-Dylan

I had a lot of work to take care of and I couldn't lie having my Kaijara's silent presence beside me gave me a sense of peace. I enjoyed her silent submission as well as the fact that she seemed at peace with doing it. Monica had a lot of fight in her especially when it came to me. She was always quick to get smart and sass me unable to maintain her emotions. The fact that I was gaining more and more control over her turned me on. I loved her eager submission and growing desire to please me. She was gaining confidence in me and herself in turn. 

With my Kaijara gone and payroll in the system, I decided to take Liam's advice and go for a walk. I left my office and headed towards the kitchen to see if I could find something to eat. I walked through our catering house's large industrial kitchen and headed to the walk-in cooler where I hoped I would find some samples for our upcoming event but to no avail. So I gathered a few ingredients from the cooler and decided to make myself a sandwich. I made my way over to the Panini Press Brian swore up and down we needed to buy. We haven't used it once for an event and I've had it for a few months now so I decided to break it in. 

I warmed the press while I cut a piece of ciabatta bread in half, I took a few slices of oven-roasted chicken breast, bacon, some roasted red peppers, spinach, and fresh mozzarella cheese and put it on the bread. I spread some sun-dried tomato pesto on the bread and put the sandwich in the press to toast. Then I took the potato I grabbed and grabbed a cutting board. I sliced the potato thinly and made my way over to the fryer I tossed the potatoes in and let my chips fry. While the two were cooking I grabbed some garlic and parmesan cheese. I grated the garlic and parmesan into a bowl just in time for the chips to be done. I shook the oil off threw the chips into the bowl and tossed it all with a little bit of sea salt. I put the chips on a plate and then made my way over to the press I removed my sandwich cut it in half on the board and put it on my plate.

I turned everything off and turned to head back to my office.

"So you just going to make yourself at home in my kitchen?" Brian asked.

I jumped startled I was so lost in making my food I hadn't even noticed his presence. "Last time I checked this was my kitchen you're just renting it," I replied trying to hide the fact that he scared the shit out of me. 

He let out a deep chuckle at my comment. "Well possession is 9/10th of the law and I'm pretty sure my name is all over that Panini Press."

I rolled my eyes at him, "how long have you been watching me creep," I asked. 

"Long enough to be impressed by my boss's culinary skills. Have you ever thought about working at Jimmy John's?" he asked.

I ignored his comment I wasn't going to let him try to fake hype me up over my masterpiece of a sandwich. Brian was a renowned chef who owned his own restaurant, one that he abandoned when he decided to come and work for me. I had taken a few culinary classes and knew my way around a kitchen but I was nowhere near his level, a compliment from him over a panini just felt dirty.  

"Why didn't you go out to eat with the rest of the Diamonds?" I asked. 

"Wasn't in the mood for all the gossiping and chit-chat," he replied.

I nodded my head in understanding I usually stayed away from the Diamonds on their lunch breaks. They were always so loud and talking about any and everybody. I'd rather just sit in my office and have a peaceful break and relax.

"Welp me and my sandwich are heading back to my office," I said.

"Oh well let me grab my lunch and I'll join you," he replied. 

"What for," I asked.

"Why else so we can gossip and chit-chat," he said laughing.

I shook my head so much for my peaceful break. I headed to my office and Brian followed behind grabbing his lunch and us some drinks. We made our way back to my office taking a seat at the table where we had our meetings. The two of us made ourselves comfortable and I took up half my sandwich. I took a bite of my sandwich and let the flavors marinate on my tongue. I couldn't lie, I loved me a good Panini the crispy toasted bread pressed locking in all the delicious flavors. 

"Mmmm Okay, the press was a good idea," I said before taking another bite of my sandwich. 

"I told you. I was thinking that we could use it during our next Sunday Brunch event," he replied.

"That sounds like an idea, make me a menu," I told him.

He nodded his head and then the two of us finished our meal in a comfortable silence.

"So how are things going between you and your new sub?" Brian asked taking a sip of his drink.

Oh, I guess it's time for the chit-chat part.

"Fine," I said not giving much away.

"Mhm you too seem to be enjoying yourself playing dom/sub in your public work setting," he replied.

I shrugged, "Not so much playing as per living my best life without giving a fuck whose watching. What's the point of owning my own business if I can't do what I want?" 

"True," Brian agreed. "What about Trin, Is she handling the new addition well?"

"It was her idea remember? She's more than happy and comfortable with Monica being my submissive," I replied.

"I do remember. Just checking in sometimes people's feelings change, they don't realize what they asked for until they get it," he said.

I knew he was asking out of concern. He and Liam loved Trinity and were both there for me through our emotional ride from our meeting, and dating, to almost breaking up, and finally balancing our relationship out when I became her Dom. They were just as invested in my relationship with her as I was at this point.

"Trust Trinity is now and will always be my top priority. Her feelings come first in this relationship, and Monica is also aware of that. Being her best friend she would never want to do anything to hurt her. So if she ever did get uncomfortable she would do what needed to be done to put her friend's feelings first," I informed him.

He smiled at me approvingly happy to hear that I had my priorities straight. 

"Hmmm, wait, Brian said looking around the room. "Yaw ain't hunching in here are yaw?" he asked cringing. 

I laughed out loud at the random subject change. "I would never do something so unprofessional at work," I smiled innocently. But uh, Make sure yaw knock before entering my office." 

He put his hand up to his chest clutching his invisible pearls, "Ugh you Lesbians," he started. 

"Are nowhere near as bad as you gays," I said interrupting. 

He thought about what I said for a second and lifted his bottle to cheers me, "Touche'."

I raised my cup to clink him.

Brian perked up "Oh yeah have you heard Hazel is dating someone," and here is the gossip.